Used 2008 Audi TT Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2008 Audi TT Hatchback

View reviews for a specific TT model:

2008 2.0 TT
By yeedle

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought this car used with 40k miles on her already. Paid as much for it as I could have for a NEW fully equiped GTI which is a similar car since they share the same platform, engine and technology. After almost a year of ownership I don't regret buying the used TT over a new GTI. The exterior and interior styling combined with the lighter weight chasis makes the difference for me. The only penalty I feel is the cargo space but I have a second car for the days when I need it. Major big plus is that I average 400 miles to a tank and I'm not a light footed driver. I do about 50/50 city, highway driving and I love to get on the throttle as much as possible.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling. Gas mileage. Performance and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Steering feedback. Less oil consumption.

Everything I wanted and expected
By satisfied

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I'm very happy with my decision to purchase this car. I've been looking at it since they came out and have just been waiting for the right price on a used one. The car is quick and handles great. It's very comfortable considering it's size. The interior is roomy for the front passengers. The back seats are fine for really small children for short durations. Bose sound system isn't horrible,but it could use more bottom end. The only thing my car didn't have was the nav. I mostly wanted it for the display and the SD card readers, but the 6 disc mp3 changer in the dash works well. It displays text unlike the ipod interface. Torque makes driving the manual easier in traffic.

Favorite Features

engine performance. The throttle response is much better than the 2.0T. The car sticks to the road like glue. Magnetic ride really does something and I recommend getting it. The car is beautiful and fun to drive. The engine and exhaust sound great!

Suggested Improvements

They discontinued this V6 model. 22 mpg isn't stellar. Redesign to have direct injection like in the other Audi V6's. More bass from the stereo. Better ipod interface or a radio that can read AAC files from CD or SD card.

The TT is a good car.
By Allan

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My previous cars were a 2005 Lotus Elise and a 2000 Boxster S before that. I need a 4 seater for my baby son and the TT was the only car that really interested me short of a 911. Comparatively, the TT is very capable in the real world. Its handling is decent, however the steering a bit light and there's too much understeer in the canyons. Acceleration is decent and brake is excellent. Storage is adequate. It's a good daily driver car. I did compare payment to a similar spec VW GTi (no interest in it but just doing due diligence) and the TT is about $125 more a month so it's not a bad deal.

Favorite Features

Adaptive headlights, magnetic ride, and DSG. Exterior & interior styling and attention to details are good too.

Suggested Improvements

The Quattro version needs to put more power to the rear wheels. Currently, it's more of a gloried front wheel drive. Also, steering wheel needs more feedback at lower speeds. It's a bit vague.

Excellent, any way you look at it!
By George

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Got this 3.2 coupe used and am loving it! Handles like a dream and the dual clutch tranny is by far the best feature. Would buy a 4 cylinder if buying new, but wanted to Quattro and saved. 08 3.2 was my only option for Quattro given used and value. As for gas mileage, averaging about 22 and am happy with it. It hard to compare the gas mileage in my mind when this thing wants to run well above the speed limit. If you want to push it off the line every time then the numbers will drop, and yes, so will they in any car. I'm very impressed with the style throughout, and cannot get over the attention to detail in the beauty.

Favorite Features

Magnetic suspension, dual clutch, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Really none. Would be great if it got better mpg, but be realistic, this thing want to go fast.

Beauty
By matt

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Perfect in every way. Love the headlights, tail lights, interior, exterior, and 10 spoke bicolor rims that stand out.

Favorite Features

Magnetic ride, engine growl, everything