2008 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
One year anniversary
By It'sAKeeper on 07/23/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's been a year now and I still love this car. I did have a problem with the top locking up. Now there is a recall for that part(s). I'm over 6 feet but I sit comfortably in this convertible. Kicking myself for not purchasing the Audi Care Service for $740 in IL. Maybe they will let me buy it before the 15k service? Love the paddle shifters. Hate the Ipod interface. I have to guess at the playlist, album, artists. My wife used regular unleaded against my wishes and it has not affected my 28mpg! Where can I get some track time and properly learn how to push this car to its limits.

Audi TT Roadster 08
By Sungwhan Cha on 07/09/08 13:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

What can I say. It's summer time and I like to drive with my top off. I still need to get used to it since I only drove it for a week. It's a head turner for sure. I couldn't do that with my old car, so I am pretty happy with it. I have yet to test the S drive and the S tronic though, but the D drive has been exciting so far

Dont Drive on Redbull
By RobbyBobby on 06/03/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is amazing! Style, performance, and quality are all 10. The 4cyl turbo is great, plenty of kick to it. Peformance and economy, my last fill up was averaged at 30mpg. I was hesitant to purchase an automatic, what's the fun of a sports car that you can't shift? However, the paddle shifters are a lot of fun, and make up for a spouse that can't drive stick. The top drops smooth and speedy. Nice to be able to put it up or down when moving. The launch control feature is a blast! It will light the tires up like it had 400 horses under the hood. Great in the snow as FWD only.

I won this baby and WOW!
By I won it! on 05/15/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I won a 08 TT coupe in Bixoli, MS at the Grand Casino and traded it for a Roadster with 47 miles on it at the dealer. I have had 6 convertibles before this and never an Audi (3 MGs, 1 Mustang, 1 LeSabre, 1 Miata). This baby takes the cake, it is smooth and agressive at the same time. I just love this car. It is a real eye turner also. Drives well in the city and runs like a scalded dog when you put your foot into it on the interstate. I love when the automatic spooler goes up at 75mph (you can manually do it also in town ) and people point at you with amazement as you pass.

2008 Audi TT
By sme on 12/25/07 23:35 PM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Nothing but fun to drive for me with the Stronic gear box and my wife can still drive it like an auto.

08 Audi TT
By wenglish23 on 11/15/07 10:37 AM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have only had the car for less than a month but love it. I traded an 03 Audi TT which I thought was a great car but it pales in comparison to the new one. Extremely fun to drive but be careful, I just got my first speeding ticket in 10 years with it. Very tight, responsive, and roomy for a 2 seater. Bluetooth has not worked properly since I bought it and am taking it back to service (again) next week. The bluetooth receives very clearly but transmission is broken up to the point the other person can barely understand what I am saying.

Excessive Fun
By Eddie on 11/14/07 13:53 PM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Wait -- let me wipe the silly grin off my face. How much fun can you have in a car? Design, build, performance are all first rate. First Audi I have owned and I am impressed. It's quick, nimble, but comfortable and accomodating. The interior looks and feels so much better than the Mercedes and BMW we test drove (forego the standard Alcantara upholstery - the Napa leather upgrades are worth the extra money). It turns heads wherever it goes.

Just Leased an 08 TT
By ejinaz on 10/10/07 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Just got the 08 TT roadster convertible Sahara Silver with Baseball Glove leather interior, and mag ride. I am amazed at how fun the car is to drive, being my first convertible, first german car ever, and with cornering/acceleration that is way fun. I cannot imagine springing for the 3.2 when my turbo 4 cyl is as much fun as I'd want to have. I'm not dragging it at the track or anything. The clincher is that the color and style is out of this world beautiful. I believe it's an instant classic. I'm hoping it's sufficiently reliable, though as a 4th car (parked except for weekends and special occasions), I'm willing to tolerate some compromises and shop time for its charms.

Love my Audi TT Mark II
By Floridacarwiz on 09/24/07 21:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Took delivery in late July after ordering the 1st of May. Could not be happier. My last convertible was 17 years ago, a Silver Buick Reatta. Reatta needed more power and was much heavier than the TT and had vague steering compared to razor sharp feel now. I flashed the chip with APR software and the car moves very responsively and smoothly. Also replaced the fogs with PIAA HIDs and put in bright amber DRLs. I plan to install an air intake system and rework the exhaust in the near future. The car will be a project, with mods installed as they come to market. I may even put in a higher- performance turbo in the future, with nitrous being considered.

Best car I've ever had!
By James on 07/25/07 22:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've had the new Audi TT Roadster for around 2 weeks and it is by far the best car I have ever owned! I've had the Z4 and the 2006 Boxster and none of the come even close to the 2008 TT Roadster. Everything about this car is flawless!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.