Used 2008 Audi TT 2.0T Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

One year anniversary
By It'sAKeeper

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's been a year now and I still love this car. I did have a problem with the top locking up. Now there is a recall for that part(s). I'm over 6 feet but I sit comfortably in this convertible. Kicking myself for not purchasing the Audi Care Service for $740 in IL. Maybe they will let me buy it before the 15k service? Love the paddle shifters. Hate the Ipod interface. I have to guess at the playlist, album, artists. My wife used regular unleaded against my wishes and it has not affected my 28mpg! Where can I get some track time and properly learn how to push this car to its limits.

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy. 28 mpg on regular or premium! Drive it year round on all-season tires. Better than rear-axle Porsche. Comfortable for us tall guys. Synthetic suede is nice and not as hot as leather in the summer and not as cold in the winter. Seats heat quickly. Brakes are good.

Suggested Improvements

Navi is small, sits too low, poor graphics, and functions are as old as the petro in the fuel tank. Skip it! Leather upgrade doesn't get you a lot and wears poorly. No seat position memory for a second driver. Massive skid plate with a special bolt and internal cabin filter requires dealer service.

Audi TT Roadster 08
By Sungwhan Cha

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

What can I say. It's summer time and I like to drive with my top off. I still need to get used to it since I only drove it for a week. It's a head turner for sure. I couldn't do that with my old car, so I am pretty happy with it. I have yet to test the S drive and the S tronic though, but the D drive has been exciting so far

Favorite Features

The new slick headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Like all new cars, I need to get used to the size of the car. I'd be nice to be able to see the rear wheel when paralell parking though. I scratched the rim a little bit.

Dont Drive on Redbull
By RobbyBobby

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is amazing! Style, performance, and quality are all 10. The 4cyl turbo is great, plenty of kick to it. Peformance and economy, my last fill up was averaged at 30mpg. I was hesitant to purchase an automatic, what's the fun of a sports car that you can't shift? However, the paddle shifters are a lot of fun, and make up for a spouse that can't drive stick. The top drops smooth and speedy. Nice to be able to put it up or down when moving. The launch control feature is a blast! It will light the tires up like it had 400 horses under the hood. Great in the snow as FWD only.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifters, Bose sound system, speed of top

Suggested Improvements

Too much torque steer when you get on it. Tire pressure monitoring system with wheel indication and pressure display. More room in glove box, ipod port takes up too much room.

I won this baby and WOW!
By I won it!

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I won a 08 TT coupe in Bixoli, MS at the Grand Casino and traded it for a Roadster with 47 miles on it at the dealer. I have had 6 convertibles before this and never an Audi (3 MGs, 1 Mustang, 1 LeSabre, 1 Miata). This baby takes the cake, it is smooth and agressive at the same time. I just love this car. It is a real eye turner also. Drives well in the city and runs like a scalded dog when you put your foot into it on the interstate. I love when the automatic spooler goes up at 75mph (you can manually do it also in town ) and people point at you with amazement as you pass.

Favorite Features

Curb appeal and warranty. The Roadster has a huge truck. I was impressed when I looked in it. It also has several nooks and cranny storage compartments around the car. It also come with a bag to tranport your skis inside the car.

Suggested Improvements

I guess I was surprised with no spare tire but then when I saw the included roadside assistance covers that and there is a compressor and a can of fix a flat in truck I was comforted. There is a spot for a donut tire under the truck floor if it ever does start concerning me.

2008 Audi TT
By sme

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Nothing but fun to drive for me with the Stronic gear box and my wife can still drive it like an auto.

Favorite Features

There is a good sized trunk, and the inside is open and comfortable. Steering feels great, and the car is very smooth at speeds @ and above 100 mph.

Suggested Improvements

This is going to be tough. I wish it only had a rear license plate, and sometimes in manual mode on the Stronic gear box shifting into first bucks a little. Other then that I havent really found much I would improve.