2008 Audi TT Convertible Consumer Reviews

2008 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

2008 TT Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
One year anniversary
By It'sAKeeper

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's been a year now and I still love this car. I did have a problem with the top locking up. Now there is a recall for that part(s). I'm over 6 feet but I sit comfortably in this convertible. Kicking myself for not purchasing the Audi Care Service for $740 in IL. Maybe they will let me buy it before the 15k service? Love the paddle shifters. Hate the Ipod interface. I have to guess at the playlist, album, artists. My wife used regular unleaded against my wishes and it has not affected my 28mpg! Where can I get some track time and properly learn how to push this car to its limits.

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy. 28 mpg on regular or premium! Drive it year round on all-season tires. Better than rear-axle Porsche. Comfortable for us tall guys. Synthetic suede is nice and not as hot as leather in the summer and not as cold in the winter. Seats heat quickly. Brakes are good.

Suggested Improvements

Navi is small, sits too low, poor graphics, and functions are as old as the petro in the fuel tank. Skip it! Leather upgrade doesn't get you a lot and wears poorly. No seat position memory for a second driver. Massive skid plate with a special bolt and internal cabin filter requires dealer service.

My fourth--and favorite--TT
By Tom

2008 Audi TT Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Three years ago, after having three TTs, I traded the last one for an A3. But when the redesigned TT model came out, I couldn't resist. The 2008 coupe (3.2 quattro with S-tronic) is a step above the previous models in every respect: power, handling, styling, sophistication, fun. I especially like the smoothness of the S-tronic, which hesitated quite a bit in the last two cars I had. The larger interior is just enough to make friends say it no longer feels cramped.

Favorite Features

Design, interior, engine, quattro, S-tronic, automatic spoiler. It hugs the road and corners like a panther. Engine growl is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

I-Pod connection is rudimentary. Can't see play lists, song titles, etc. Had I known, I would have opted for CD player. Unused cradle for phone is amazingly unsightly for such an upscale car. Audi could have figure a solution to cover this.

Audi TT Roadster 08
By Sungwhan Cha

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

What can I say. It's summer time and I like to drive with my top off. I still need to get used to it since I only drove it for a week. It's a head turner for sure. I couldn't do that with my old car, so I am pretty happy with it. I have yet to test the S drive and the S tronic though, but the D drive has been exciting so far

Favorite Features

The new slick headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Like all new cars, I need to get used to the size of the car. I'd be nice to be able to see the rear wheel when paralell parking though. I scratched the rim a little bit.

Dont Drive on Redbull
By RobbyBobby

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is amazing! Style, performance, and quality are all 10. The 4cyl turbo is great, plenty of kick to it. Peformance and economy, my last fill up was averaged at 30mpg. I was hesitant to purchase an automatic, what's the fun of a sports car that you can't shift? However, the paddle shifters are a lot of fun, and make up for a spouse that can't drive stick. The top drops smooth and speedy. Nice to be able to put it up or down when moving. The launch control feature is a blast! It will light the tires up like it had 400 horses under the hood. Great in the snow as FWD only.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifters, Bose sound system, speed of top

Suggested Improvements

Too much torque steer when you get on it. Tire pressure monitoring system with wheel indication and pressure display. More room in glove box, ipod port takes up too much room.

I won this baby and WOW!
By I won it!

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I won a 08 TT coupe in Bixoli, MS at the Grand Casino and traded it for a Roadster with 47 miles on it at the dealer. I have had 6 convertibles before this and never an Audi (3 MGs, 1 Mustang, 1 LeSabre, 1 Miata). This baby takes the cake, it is smooth and agressive at the same time. I just love this car. It is a real eye turner also. Drives well in the city and runs like a scalded dog when you put your foot into it on the interstate. I love when the automatic spooler goes up at 75mph (you can manually do it also in town ) and people point at you with amazement as you pass.

Favorite Features

Curb appeal and warranty. The Roadster has a huge truck. I was impressed when I looked in it. It also has several nooks and cranny storage compartments around the car. It also come with a bag to tranport your skis inside the car.

Suggested Improvements

I guess I was surprised with no spare tire but then when I saw the included roadside assistance covers that and there is a compressor and a can of fix a flat in truck I was comforted. There is a spot for a donut tire under the truck floor if it ever does start concerning me.

Drop dead gorgeous and a fun ride!
By Fritz Waldow

2008 Audi TT Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Really wonderful except the gas mileage. After having owned three 225hp TT Roadster before I have to admit I really like the sound of the engine. Compared to the 225hp experiences before however this 6cyl consumes considerably more fuel (hwy 25 vs hwy 29). Obviously the first TT almost made me a die-hard TT fan, but there have been considerable improvements to the new generation, such as a larger trunk (no lie: it can manage two gold bags), a better top, great GPS and customizable computer. Needless to say that I just love the design. All wheel makes it a safer ride even under challenging circumstances.

Favorite Features

I love and never want to miss again the 2-SD slots (that come with the optional GPS). Handling and power, design, body integrity are upper class.

Suggested Improvements

Well, I'd love to see the FSI concept on the 6cyl, too. I really would like to see aspheric outside mirrors and sun visors you can flip to the sides, too. I would enjoy a liitle more leg room (2-3 inches would do) and backrests you not to be too limited (which you'd have with the coupe)

Too Topless
By xnyjaydub

2008 Audi TT Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My second Audi TT is red. It is a great looking car. The top has broken and gets stuck down. This has happened twice in one month. It was fixed and only lasted a few weeks. Also the passenger window doesn't lay flush with the door after several repair attempts. It looks better with the window not sticking up a little. I could use some help with this. Obviously I loved the TT enough to lease another one. I was hoping it would work well like the 2004 TT I leased for 4 happy years.

Favorite Features

Headlights. Turning. Speed. Sporty look

Suggested Improvements

Drink cups need to be deeper. Top that works consistently

Happy TT Driver
By FLKUW

2008 Audi TT Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I am a previous 2003 TT roadster owner and I was very happy with this car. However, the improvements of the 2008 made it a car I had to have. I was reluctant to give up my turbo to the v6 but I have to say I have not missed it much. This car still has quick pickup and speed whenever I need it. I love the optional navigation, ipod interface, and bluetooth. I also love the manageability of the cars computer view on the console. I shopped for many months before purchasing a new car and it came down to the Z06 and the TT. Yeah, some V8 corvette lover is laughing at me right now but bang for the buck I got the better car. I have been an owner of both cars and in the end best car won.

Favorite Features

The new convertible automatic top, much improved from the unfinished single layered manual convertible top of the previous models. I also love the fact the car has two SD memory slots. I load my mp3s on the memory and use it in my car way better than CDs, IPOD, or Sat. radio.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the radio/IPOD interface to actually show the songs instead of just tracks. The navigation should be more like a real GPS rather than having to use a DVD driven nav system. Make the cockpit to trunk pass through more secure so you at least have some place to secure items. Make it faster!:)

2008 Audi TT
By sme

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Nothing but fun to drive for me with the Stronic gear box and my wife can still drive it like an auto.

Favorite Features

There is a good sized trunk, and the inside is open and comfortable. Steering feels great, and the car is very smooth at speeds @ and above 100 mph.

Suggested Improvements

This is going to be tough. I wish it only had a rear license plate, and sometimes in manual mode on the Stronic gear box shifting into first bucks a little. Other then that I havent really found much I would improve.

08 Audi TT
By wenglish23

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have only had the car for less than a month but love it. I traded an 03 Audi TT which I thought was a great car but it pales in comparison to the new one. Extremely fun to drive but be careful, I just got my first speeding ticket in 10 years with it. Very tight, responsive, and roomy for a 2 seater. Bluetooth has not worked properly since I bought it and am taking it back to service (again) next week. The bluetooth receives very clearly but transmission is broken up to the point the other person can barely understand what I am saying.

Favorite Features

Styling, performance, automatic roof is great, well built.

Suggested Improvements

Car phone package does not have voice function. Finally moved cupholders but still needs an armrest.