2008 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
One year anniversary
By It'sAKeeper on 07/23/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's been a year now and I still love this car. I did have a problem with the top locking up. Now there is a recall for that part(s). I'm over 6 feet but I sit comfortably in this convertible. Kicking myself for not purchasing the Audi Care Service for $740 in IL. Maybe they will let me buy it before the 15k service? Love the paddle shifters. Hate the Ipod interface. I have to guess at the playlist, album, artists. My wife used regular unleaded against my wishes and it has not affected my 28mpg! Where can I get some track time and properly learn how to push this car to its limits.

My fourth--and favorite--TT
By Tom on 08/12/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Three years ago, after having three TTs, I traded the last one for an A3. But when the redesigned TT model came out, I couldn't resist. The 2008 coupe (3.2 quattro with S-tronic) is a step above the previous models in every respect: power, handling, styling, sophistication, fun. I especially like the smoothness of the S-tronic, which hesitated quite a bit in the last two cars I had. The larger interior is just enough to make friends say it no longer feels cramped.

Audi TT Roadster 08
By Sungwhan Cha on 07/09/08 13:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

What can I say. It's summer time and I like to drive with my top off. I still need to get used to it since I only drove it for a week. It's a head turner for sure. I couldn't do that with my old car, so I am pretty happy with it. I have yet to test the S drive and the S tronic though, but the D drive has been exciting so far

Dont Drive on Redbull
By RobbyBobby on 06/03/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is amazing! Style, performance, and quality are all 10. The 4cyl turbo is great, plenty of kick to it. Peformance and economy, my last fill up was averaged at 30mpg. I was hesitant to purchase an automatic, what's the fun of a sports car that you can't shift? However, the paddle shifters are a lot of fun, and make up for a spouse that can't drive stick. The top drops smooth and speedy. Nice to be able to put it up or down when moving. The launch control feature is a blast! It will light the tires up like it had 400 horses under the hood. Great in the snow as FWD only.

I won this baby and WOW!
By I won it! on 05/15/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I won a 08 TT coupe in Bixoli, MS at the Grand Casino and traded it for a Roadster with 47 miles on it at the dealer. I have had 6 convertibles before this and never an Audi (3 MGs, 1 Mustang, 1 LeSabre, 1 Miata). This baby takes the cake, it is smooth and agressive at the same time. I just love this car. It is a real eye turner also. Drives well in the city and runs like a scalded dog when you put your foot into it on the interstate. I love when the automatic spooler goes up at 75mph (you can manually do it also in town ) and people point at you with amazement as you pass.

Drop dead gorgeous and a fun ride!
By Fritz Waldow on 05/08/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Really wonderful except the gas mileage. After having owned three 225hp TT Roadster before I have to admit I really like the sound of the engine. Compared to the 225hp experiences before however this 6cyl consumes considerably more fuel (hwy 25 vs hwy 29). Obviously the first TT almost made me a die-hard TT fan, but there have been considerable improvements to the new generation, such as a larger trunk (no lie: it can manage two gold bags), a better top, great GPS and customizable computer. Needless to say that I just love the design. All wheel makes it a safer ride even under challenging circumstances.

Too Topless
By xnyjaydub on 04/13/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My second Audi TT is red. It is a great looking car. The top has broken and gets stuck down. This has happened twice in one month. It was fixed and only lasted a few weeks. Also the passenger window doesn't lay flush with the door after several repair attempts. It looks better with the window not sticking up a little. I could use some help with this. Obviously I loved the TT enough to lease another one. I was hoping it would work well like the 2004 TT I leased for 4 happy years.

Happy TT Driver
By FLKUW on 12/30/07 18:26 PM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I am a previous 2003 TT roadster owner and I was very happy with this car. However, the improvements of the 2008 made it a car I had to have. I was reluctant to give up my turbo to the v6 but I have to say I have not missed it much. This car still has quick pickup and speed whenever I need it. I love the optional navigation, ipod interface, and bluetooth. I also love the manageability of the cars computer view on the console. I shopped for many months before purchasing a new car and it came down to the Z06 and the TT. Yeah, some V8 corvette lover is laughing at me right now but bang for the buck I got the better car. I have been an owner of both cars and in the end best car won.

2008 Audi TT
By sme on 12/25/07 23:35 PM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Nothing but fun to drive for me with the Stronic gear box and my wife can still drive it like an auto.

08 Audi TT
By wenglish23 on 11/15/07 10:37 AM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have only had the car for less than a month but love it. I traded an 03 Audi TT which I thought was a great car but it pales in comparison to the new one. Extremely fun to drive but be careful, I just got my first speeding ticket in 10 years with it. Very tight, responsive, and roomy for a 2 seater. Bluetooth has not worked properly since I bought it and am taking it back to service (again) next week. The bluetooth receives very clearly but transmission is broken up to the point the other person can barely understand what I am saying.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.