2008 Audi TT 2.0T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2008 TT Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Sort Reviews by

2008 2.0 TT
By yeedle

2008 Audi TT 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought this car used with 40k miles on her already. Paid as much for it as I could have for a NEW fully equiped GTI which is a similar car since they share the same platform, engine and technology. After almost a year of ownership I don't regret buying the used TT over a new GTI. The exterior and interior styling combined with the lighter weight chasis makes the difference for me. The only penalty I feel is the cargo space but I have a second car for the days when I need it. Major big plus is that I average 400 miles to a tank and I'm not a light footed driver. I do about 50/50 city, highway driving and I love to get on the throttle as much as possible.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling. Gas mileage. Performance and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Steering feedback. Less oil consumption.

Everything I wanted and expected
By satisfied

2008 Audi TT 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I'm very happy with my decision to purchase this car. I've been looking at it since they came out and have just been waiting for the right price on a used one. The car is quick and handles great. It's very comfortable considering it's size. The interior is roomy for the front passengers. The back seats are fine for really small children for short durations. Bose sound system isn't horrible,but it could use more bottom end. The only thing my car didn't have was the nav. I mostly wanted it for the display and the SD card readers, but the 6 disc mp3 changer in the dash works well. It displays text unlike the ipod interface. Torque makes driving the manual easier in traffic.

Favorite Features

engine performance. The throttle response is much better than the 2.0T. The car sticks to the road like glue. Magnetic ride really does something and I recommend getting it. The car is beautiful and fun to drive. The engine and exhaust sound great!

Suggested Improvements

They discontinued this V6 model. 22 mpg isn't stellar. Redesign to have direct injection like in the other Audi V6's. More bass from the stereo. Better ipod interface or a radio that can read AAC files from CD or SD card.

One year anniversary
By It'sAKeeper

2008 Audi TT 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's been a year now and I still love this car. I did have a problem with the top locking up. Now there is a recall for that part(s). I'm over 6 feet but I sit comfortably in this convertible. Kicking myself for not purchasing the Audi Care Service for $740 in IL. Maybe they will let me buy it before the 15k service? Love the paddle shifters. Hate the Ipod interface. I have to guess at the playlist, album, artists. My wife used regular unleaded against my wishes and it has not affected my 28mpg! Where can I get some track time and properly learn how to push this car to its limits.

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy. 28 mpg on regular or premium! Drive it year round on all-season tires. Better than rear-axle Porsche. Comfortable for us tall guys. Synthetic suede is nice and not as hot as leather in the summer and not as cold in the winter. Seats heat quickly. Brakes are good.

Suggested Improvements

Navi is small, sits too low, poor graphics, and functions are as old as the petro in the fuel tank. Skip it! Leather upgrade doesn't get you a lot and wears poorly. No seat position memory for a second driver. Massive skid plate with a special bolt and internal cabin filter requires dealer service.

The TT is a good car.
By Allan

2008 Audi TT 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My previous cars were a 2005 Lotus Elise and a 2000 Boxster S before that. I need a 4 seater for my baby son and the TT was the only car that really interested me short of a 911. Comparatively, the TT is very capable in the real world. Its handling is decent, however the steering a bit light and there's too much understeer in the canyons. Acceleration is decent and brake is excellent. Storage is adequate. It's a good daily driver car. I did compare payment to a similar spec VW GTi (no interest in it but just doing due diligence) and the TT is about $125 more a month so it's not a bad deal.

Favorite Features

Adaptive headlights, magnetic ride, and DSG. Exterior & interior styling and attention to details are good too.

Suggested Improvements

The Quattro version needs to put more power to the rear wheels. Currently, it's more of a gloried front wheel drive. Also, steering wheel needs more feedback at lower speeds. It's a bit vague.

Excellent, any way you look at it!
By George

2008 Audi TT 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Got this 3.2 coupe used and am loving it! Handles like a dream and the dual clutch tranny is by far the best feature. Would buy a 4 cylinder if buying new, but wanted to Quattro and saved. 08 3.2 was my only option for Quattro given used and value. As for gas mileage, averaging about 22 and am happy with it. It hard to compare the gas mileage in my mind when this thing wants to run well above the speed limit. If you want to push it off the line every time then the numbers will drop, and yes, so will they in any car. I'm very impressed with the style throughout, and cannot get over the attention to detail in the beauty.

Favorite Features

Magnetic suspension, dual clutch, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Really none. Would be great if it got better mpg, but be realistic, this thing want to go fast.

Beauty
By matt

2008 Audi TT 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Perfect in every way. Love the headlights, tail lights, interior, exterior, and 10 spoke bicolor rims that stand out.

Favorite Features

Magnetic ride, engine growl, everything

Oh What a Feeling!
By REJ

2008 Audi TT 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have been driving my 1995 Audi 90 for over 13 years when I upgraded to a slightly used 2008 Audi TT. Wow, what a difference a decade makes. I am amazed at the power of the 2.0T, along with the smoothnessof the whole vehicle. I've owned Audi's for over 25 years, so I am a fan - but of course there are some things that could be improved.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, power, handling, seats all come to mind but it does have some usable new electronic features that make it an Audi.

Suggested Improvements

Make more phone adapters for that center mounted interface, or get rid of it. Seriously, why did you put it there if you weren't going to support it better? I'll be adding Bluetooth to mine, but this car should have a crackberry compatible phone carrier for North Americans, I hear there's an iPhone?

My fourth--and favorite--TT
By Tom

2008 Audi TT 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Three years ago, after having three TTs, I traded the last one for an A3. But when the redesigned TT model came out, I couldn't resist. The 2008 coupe (3.2 quattro with S-tronic) is a step above the previous models in every respect: power, handling, styling, sophistication, fun. I especially like the smoothness of the S-tronic, which hesitated quite a bit in the last two cars I had. The larger interior is just enough to make friends say it no longer feels cramped.

Favorite Features

Design, interior, engine, quattro, S-tronic, automatic spoiler. It hugs the road and corners like a panther. Engine growl is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

I-Pod connection is rudimentary. Can't see play lists, song titles, etc. Had I known, I would have opted for CD player. Unused cradle for phone is amazingly unsightly for such an upscale car. Audi could have figure a solution to cover this.

Highly Recommended!
By ABG

2008 Audi TT 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

This is a nice little car. Convenient as the size allows easy parking everywhere. Gas mileage is acceptable, not as good as the 2.0 version. Interior is outstanding (enhanced leather interior), the rear seats work well with my 2 children (ages 9 and 6) for short rides. The suspension feels a little harsh (I don't have magnetic suspension), which might be a deal breaker for some. However, no car is perfect and this one is not the exception.

Favorite Features

This thing sticks to the pavement like a bubblegum. What is dangerous is that one is tempted to challenge the car, but so far TT is winning all challenges I've made! Ipod interface is great (wish it could recognize the tracks). Love the steering. And of course, the looks!

Suggested Improvements

Please Audi, change that Nav system! Extremely complex to use! It takes 5-10 minutes just to type an address. Sound system is also unimpressive. The phone cradle in center console completely useless. Cup holders should be enlarged and more conveniently placed (such as in Porsche)

Audi TT Roadster 08
By Sungwhan Cha

2008 Audi TT 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

What can I say. It's summer time and I like to drive with my top off. I still need to get used to it since I only drove it for a week. It's a head turner for sure. I couldn't do that with my old car, so I am pretty happy with it. I have yet to test the S drive and the S tronic though, but the D drive has been exciting so far

Favorite Features

The new slick headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Like all new cars, I need to get used to the size of the car. I'd be nice to be able to see the rear wheel when paralell parking though. I scratched the rim a little bit.