Used 2006 Audi TT Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Audi TT Hatchback

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Another Quattro for me
By jonny

2006 Audi TT Hatchback 225hp quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 1989 Audi 100 Quattro served me well for 17 years, so when I finally decided to get a new car, Audi was the car to beat. I checked out the competition, but nothing came close. Although the TT is much different than a 4-door sedan, it still has the quality feel and classic style I loved in my old car. Soon after I purchased the vehicle, I set out on a 3-week, 3000-mi roadtrip to see if anything needed fine-tuning by the dealer. Everything worked and performed perfectly. Now the new car feels like a part of me when I drive, just like my old one did.

Favorite Features

Better mileage than I expected... 32.5 on the open hwy. The Quattro AWD feature makes me feel in total control, even in a driving rainstorm. Clean industrial interior styling is appealing to me. Hatchback creates enough usable space to make this sportscar practical.

Suggested Improvements

There is no elegant option to integrate iPod into sound system. Date/Clock is a pain to set... thankfully it only needs changing twice a year for Daylight Savings Time.

I made the switch... you should too!
By NewAudiLover

2006 Audi TT Hatchback 180hp 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned BMWs and several Mercedes including two SLKs and I may never go back to those brands again. I was tempted to get the new SLK, but I decided to take a chance on the TT. I definitely made the right move. From interior and exterior styling that may be years old, but still ahead of the pack of newbies to comfort and handling... once you try out this car, you may never want to drive another again. I thought my Mercedes was fun, but all I want to do is just jump into this car and run to the store for nothing at all, just to be behind the wheel. Gas mileage is great as well and the meter which tells you how many miles you have left is priceless. I would recommend getting the audio pkg.

Favorite Features

The styling that still turns heads. The audio packager with XM (definitely worth it). And the amazingly large trunk/hatch.

Suggested Improvements

If you want more pickup, you may want to go for the other engines, but I was shocked at how much this one had to offer. You won't be disappointed.

Great Car
By eddie

2006 Audi TT Hatchback 225hp quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great Car, fast, handles great, backseats are fine for small children, Great interior, comfy seats

drive it all day all year
By max

2006 Audi TT Hatchback 250hp quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I own two of these, one for me and one for the wife. This is simply a great car. Fun to drive, quick, fast and very agile. Enough room to drive in comfort and enough power to do it quickly. Top speed of 150 mph is just a blast. Everything is in the right place and it all works like a truly well built machine. Not a c4s cab or a db9, which I also own, but a seriously fun everyday driver.

Favorite Features

Handling, dsg shifter, comfort for longer rides, build quality

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little stiffer suspension and a sway bar, just tweaks would really tighten everything to the max.

Fun Little Car
By Ryan

2006 Audi TT Hatchback 225hp quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is incredible. It is fun to drive for both male and female drivers. The interior is slick and the upgrade stereo system is a must have. Do not consider this car to be more then a 2 seater. You can barely fit two small people in the back. Consider the back seat to be bonus space. It does come in very handy. For the size of the car, the trunk space is big. You'll be surprised how big it is when comparing it to a 350z or any other 2 seater cars. My girl friend took this car on a 5-hour trip and she was very comfortable and got incredible gas mileage thanks to the sixth gear overdrive. We have not run into any major problems with the car. So far it has 20,000 miles.

Favorite Features

The manual shifting is very easy and smooth. The car takes corners like it's on rails. The AWD system is of course nice for bad weather conditions. The trunk space is excellent for the size of the car. Finally, the mini backseat comes in handy.

Suggested Improvements

There is a lot of turbo lag. You'll find yourself having to adjust the gas pedal a lot when starting off. The turbo kicks in around 2400 rpm. Of course, more power would be nice. Our car has a problem with squeaky brakes. The dealer told us it is normal for the TT's, but he could be pulling our