Used 2006 Audi TT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Awesome Audi
By M B

2006 Audi TT 225hp quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The 2006 Audi TT 225HP Roadster is a blast to drive. It handles very well thanks to AWD and can fly in the straightaways also.

Bose sound system, Heated seat backs and cushions, 6 disc CD changer, turbocharged engine.

None.

Cannot be Duplicated
By Kalieb

2006 Audi TT 250hp quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I being 6'2" find it slightly uncomfortable with an upright seating position. However, this roadster provides a thrill that is unique. The power is adequate (could use a little more HP) for an amazingly light but sturdy car. The DSG transmission zips through gears seamlessly as if it was a continously variable. The contact and firm grip of the road through Quattro gives you the best position for off-the-line starts. The paddle-shifter located on the steering wheel gives a fun sport to driving but allows you to command more power (and speed) when you take the road. In addition, the convertible can set a mood for scenic cruising or "in-car-flight."

DSG transmission. Paddle shifters. Bold and ecentric shape/design.

A little more horsepower. (Can they fit their S4, 4.2L V-8, beast in the engine bay??)

Another Quattro for me
By jonny

2006 Audi TT 225hp quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 1989 Audi 100 Quattro served me well for 17 years, so when I finally decided to get a new car, Audi was the car to beat. I checked out the competition, but nothing came close. Although the TT is much different than a 4-door sedan, it still has the quality feel and classic style I loved in my old car. Soon after I purchased the vehicle, I set out on a 3-week, 3000-mi roadtrip to see if anything needed fine-tuning by the dealer. Everything worked and performed perfectly. Now the new car feels like a part of me when I drive, just like my old one did.

Better mileage than I expected... 32.5 on the open hwy. The Quattro AWD feature makes me feel in total control, even in a driving rainstorm. Clean industrial interior styling is appealing to me. Hatchback creates enough usable space to make this sportscar practical.

There is no elegant option to integrate iPod into sound system. Date/Clock is a pain to set... thankfully it only needs changing twice a year for Daylight Savings Time.

I made the switch... you should too!
By NewAudiLover

2006 Audi TT 180hp 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned BMWs and several Mercedes including two SLKs and I may never go back to those brands again. I was tempted to get the new SLK, but I decided to take a chance on the TT. I definitely made the right move. From interior and exterior styling that may be years old, but still ahead of the pack of newbies to comfort and handling... once you try out this car, you may never want to drive another again. I thought my Mercedes was fun, but all I want to do is just jump into this car and run to the store for nothing at all, just to be behind the wheel. Gas mileage is great as well and the meter which tells you how many miles you have left is priceless. I would recommend getting the audio pkg.

The styling that still turns heads. The audio packager with XM (definitely worth it). And the amazingly large trunk/hatch.

If you want more pickup, you may want to go for the other engines, but I was shocked at how much this one had to offer. You won't be disappointed.

Great Car
By eddie

2006 Audi TT 225hp quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great Car, fast, handles great, backseats are fine for small children, Great interior, comfy seats