Used 2005 Audi TT Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi TT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2005 Audi TT Hatchback

View reviews for a specific TT model:

My third TT is my "best buy."
By CWK

2005 Audi TT Hatchback 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

This certified 2004 250 3.2 TT with DSG is my best buy. Price was right and warranty is for 5 more years and up to 100,000 miles. The DSG is perfect for my commute which includes the I-80 "parking lot" in Berkeley. Acceleration is brisk and fuel economy is good. My first TT was a silver 2000 180 TTQC. My second TT was a silver 2002 225 TTQC. It was a fine car,my bad left knee just got tired of shifting on my commute. This 3.2 TTQC with DSG is perfect for my present needs. I love the interior and exterior design of the Audi TT. Since I do not like the shield grille design change Audi is making on new models, I am pleased to own one of the original design models. Certified makes sense.

The Bauhaus purity of the orginal Freman Thomas design, both exterior and interior.

Making the 18" 9 spoke RS4 style alloy wheels standard, but with 225/45x18" tires and an odometer calibrated to match. (More sidewall depth on tires for Governor Ahnold's potholed roads.)

Fantastic ride
By Don Megby

2005 Audi TT Hatchback 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the TT Quattro from a friend and fell in love with it. The performance is fantastic, design, style and eye appeal is unequaled in my opinion. I've owned many sport vehicles, but this one takes the prize!!

design and engineering

no recommendations, Audi has it all covered

2005 Audi TT, Loving it!
By Sandie

2005 Audi TT Hatchback 180hp Fwd 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is pure pleasure. It handles wonderfully, has many fun features, and can handle Southern California freeways as well as mountain roads with comfort and ease. I have had it less than a month and we are having a hard time controlling ourselves to limit driving it! The Audi warranty is 4YR/50,000 miles bumper to bumper and I want to use it to its maximum advantage. It's hard letting it sit in the garage cuz this car is made to be driven!

Interior design, aluminum details. Peppy, responsive engine and secure handling. Love the Bose/Audi premium sound. It even gets great gas mileage.

Make the Alcantara steering wheel standard equipment. Air conditioning buttons are a little confusing

UNBELIEVABLE
By TIM BOWLES

2005 Audi TT Hatchback 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2005 Auti TT is the greatest car that I've ever
owned. I also own a '66 Jaguar E-Type
and a '52 Jaguar XK120, so I know great
cars. The quattro all wheel drive is
just unbelievable. Nothing can stay
with it on a twisty road. The gas mileage
is great for a sportscar, I average 30
mpg. I still never get tired of looking
at it, it has the best interior in the
business. Having said this, I had a fuel pump go
out at 50,000 miles, which was inexcuseable.
Other than that, i've enjoyed the
ownership experience. I plan on getting another
TT in four years, most likely the straight

interior, exterior, paint finish, all wheel drive

The exterior and interior can't be improved. Everyone seems to have problem with fuel gauge malfunctioning and windows loosing their memory. This should be addressd. The road noice inside car is really loud, the cabin should be quieter, a free flow exhaust should be included.

Love this car
By Kent

2005 Audi TT Hatchback 180hp Fwd 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is just plain fun! I smile every time I drive it, heck, even when I look at it. My wife says it is more comfortable to ride in on a road trip that our Volvo. My little 180hp engine has all the pep I'll ever need and gives me 34MPG on the freeway. The trunk storage space is amazing, great for trips. Also a neat city car to get into parking spaces. The back seat is just a great place to keep stuff you want handy, and once in a while you fold it down as you now have a mini-wagon. Only problem was the airconditioner went out on a hot day, they fixed right away and has been fine. I'm not really a car nut, but I'm nuts about this car.

Love the interior and exterior styling. So much fun to drive. The automatic/manual transmission is great. Ride comfort is surprisingly good.

Don't buy this car if you purchase for convience of the cup holders. Maybe a power seat would be nice. I'D LOVE TO HAVE A SUNROOF!