2005 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Good ... not great.
By PR Guy on 02/27/05 13:47 PM (PST)

2005 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second TT. The first was a dream, the second has been a bit disappointing, with minor problems requiring service. Overall handling has improved, but I've driven other sports cars with better handling. Excellent braking, even in the rain. First gear is a bit sluggish, but you can really kick it in other gears. Interior comfort is excellent for a two-seater and the well-designed top keeps exterior noise to a minimum. Wind levels with the top down are poor at highway speeds, but that's the price you pay for a ragtop. Audi continues to struggle with exterior finish quality. The finish is uneven and scratches and chips easily. Overall, it is a fun drive and a real attention getter.

2005 Audi TT - Love It
By blondie on 02/23/05 13:50 PM (PST)

2005 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My husband bought me this car (2005 Audi TT Roadster) because I've had my eye on it for the past 5 years....drooling with every look. I always told him if he left me a widow, I would use the insurance money to buy myself a TT roadster. He finally decided rather than wish himself dead, he'd rather live to see me enjoy the car! Anyway, we got our silver bullet in November 2004 and its lived up to ALL of my expectations. I am totally in love with this car (can one really love sheet metal?? YOU BET!) Its the most fun you can have driving! I love the Tiptronic tranny .. being able to choose manual or auto is da bomb!!

The Best
By jeannie wagner on 02/19/05 09:04 AM (PST)

2005 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned every high end car one can drive. The BMW 3-, 5-, and 7-Series, Lexus, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and this is my favorite car. Aside from the heads turning when you pass by, this car is a blast to drive. The handling is similar to a BMW, you feel safe, the interior is what you expect from a sports car. After four years this car with 50,000 miles still looks new inside and out. If you want to feel alive this is the car to drive.

Audi TT roadster
By mark on 01/09/05 22:00 PM (PST)

2005 Audi TT Convertible 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Great ride. All wheel drive with regular tires great in rain/snow. New tiptronic is a blast. Hope no design problems with this new system as dealer just had to replace transmission. First to second gear was grinding with only 9000 miles on car. Tiptronic stays in gear past red line and doesn't change, be careful.

Audi Excellence
By TT MD on 01/03/05 08:10 AM (PST)

2005 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The '05 Audi TT is a truly exemplory car. It is a supurb driverr's car with outstanding handling. The Quattro drive must be experienced to be believed . It is like riding on a track no matter the rain conditions. It is strongly recommended that a sports car winter tire be used durng snow season, e.g. Blizzak. With those tires, even the Audi convertible is a great year round car in most regions.

AUDI TT Performance
By Dr. K on 12/04/04 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is extraordinary in ever respect. While the curb weight errs on the heavy side, most of the weight reflects safety features rarely found in a sports car. A sound trade off given the acceleration stats of the vehicle. However, the "best" feature is the car's roadability - like driving on a RR track. It is amazing how well this car hold the road. However, you must get winter snow tires or wheels as (with other sportscars) high speed performance tires don't have the necessary grip.

LOVE ALL AUDIS
By BRANDON LEE on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi TT Convertible 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I'VE OWNWED AN AUDI 4000, 5OOO, AND A A4 I PLAN ON BUYING AN A-8 NEXT YEAR. IF AND WHEN AUDI MAKES AN SUV I'LL PURCHASE THAT ALSO.

Love my car baby!
By Cartlady on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was my mid-life crisis car, and it is the most fun I have ever had driving.