Used 2005 Audi TT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

In Love
By B

2005 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I would never consider myself a car fanatic but I couldnīt help but to fall in love with the sleek, sexy, TT. I just bought one and I drive it to make long commutes along the California highways. I honestly smile every time I see it. Driving it is a real pleasure. I am so crazy about it to the point that my husband jokingly asked me just not to start praying to it! :D

Its design

Couldn't be happier with my Roadster!
By lotsoflots

2005 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

great vehicle - had a tough time finding the color combo (white & navy blue) I wanted here on the east coast (they stopped making the white ...so I had to search the country for a 'leftover' in 2004). Have been VERY pleased with performance, reliability, appearance. I bought it as a second/fun car, but I find I use it ALL the time (leaving my Mercedes SUV sitting in the garage most days)!

design, appearance, comfort and the feel that I am not sitting (vulnerably) in a tiny or unsafe convertible.

because of the size & design of the vehicle, there are significant and serious blind spots. I purchased small mirrors that affix to the existing side view mirrors. Perhaps Audi should make these additional 'blind spot mirrors' a standard feature (they cost me only $3.49 each) on future Roadsters.

TT is a GREAT car
By Jim Suss

2005 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm 6' 6", 245lbs., when a friend suggested I try a TT, I couldnt believe I could fit in it! I had a Cadillac Seville STS, and the TT has the same amount of legroom. The handling is incredible, and it's no slouch when it comes to performance. I have beaten my share of Porsche Boxster S's. I have gone through a set of tires. I've taken the car on the track at Talledega, and it is a joy to drive. I have not had any mechanical or body problems with the car.

The interior design is impressive. The car is built very well.

A little more leg room would be great, but its a sports car.

Exceeded my expecations.
By drwho304

2005 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This Audi TT has exceeded my expectations in all aspects. It is fun and easy to drive, I was not looking for a super high performance Porsche 911. The quality of the interior work is flawless, fantastic leather seating along with really innovative styling. In my opinion it is designed in a true roadster style, it is not meant for a family vehicle. There is enough room for my wife and I to each pack a bag and go away for the weekend. I started to use the TT as my daily commute, not my original intent, it was just to be a weekend fun car. I have Ocean Blue with the Vanilla interior, what a great combination. It also has heated seats, CD changer, homelink and xenon headlights.

I LOVE this CAR!!
By ConnieGRG2

2005 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is FABULOUS! I traded a BMW 5 series for my little TT and it was the best thing I've ever done! There isn't a day go by that I don't tell my husband "I LOVE THIS CAR!" Who knew a car could be this fun to drive!?! The TT is a head turner with great 'get up and go' Did I mention I LOVE THIS CAR?!

Bumper to Bumper. Top to tires! HUGE trunk!

The cup holder is in a very bad place! A pass thru area to the trunk from behind one of the seats would help for hiding purses or packages (rather than opening the trunk)