2004 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Disapointed with Audi TT
By hirams on 01/05/14 17:50 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car 5 years ago in 2008 with only 28K miles and even though its fun to drive the repairs has been ridiculous. The factory warranty expires at 48K/4years. The car was 4yrs and 5 months when I bought it. At 32k the instrument cluster needed replacement at a cost of 1,250. At 40K the water pump needed to be replaced 1,850. At 45k the transmission needed to be replaced 5,200. At 56k the alternator, belt and tensor were replaced 1,650. At 72k the alternator was replaced again for 595. Audi should've replaced the the instrument cluster and the transmission because both failed before 50k but they washed their hands. After this experience I'll stay with BMW,never buy an Audi again.

Pick of the litter of the MK1 TT's
By Carl W. Krause on 11/25/08 14:05 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third TT of the MK1 series and is the best of the three in my opinion. The VR6 is a better engine than the 1.8 turbo. I have no timing belt woes to worry about, for example, because the cams are chain-driven.

TT Dolomite
By JettaRed on 05/06/08 09:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car as a CPO car in September 2007. It had come off of a lease and was immaculate. The styling is untouchable, the Audi rings are enviable. Boy racers (WRX, Evo, etc) don't even come close to the classiness of this car. Now the fun! With some computer reprogramming and bolt-on performance modifications, this car will behave according to its image. Chip tuning, water injection, exhaust upgrade, and AWD controller upgrade make this car the car that the factory should have produced.

Really Disapointed
By Chris G on 08/14/07 20:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I must have just gotten the odd lemon based on the other reviews. After 75,000 miles in 3 years, I have spent over $10,000 in repairs and maintenance. This includes $5400 for a timing belt at just over 50,000 miles. The car is got a lot of pick up after the brief hesitation waiting for the turbo to kick in. It corners well and the stereo system is great, but that's about it. I have no desire to own another Audi. I have spent more repairs on this car than on my last 3 Toyotas combined and this car was far less reliable than my last two Volvos.

Audi TT 3.2L DSG is a different TT
By DrRob on 02/03/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My favorite car. Before this I owned the 1.8L Quattro TT coupe. The normally aspirated 6 cylinder with DSG gear box is a lot more sports car - it is what the TT should have been from the start. I never thought that I would like a sports car without a traditional stick, but Audi's DSG is great. The paddle shifters are great. My first TT had reliability issues, especially with the electrical system. Through 30 months, this one has been flawless needing only routine maintenance. Get special order outside mirrors to eliminate the TT blindspot. Change the oil often to prevent sludge.

Awesome Car that needs very little
By MTJ1117 on 12/21/04 21:41 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 3.2 TT DSG for about 6 months now. It is an excellent vehicle both in design and function. A thrill to drive everyday. Great handling characteristics with the quattro system. The DSG and the 3.2 coupled together works smoothly in conjunction with each other matching speed to the revs of the engine for no jerking motions as in a normal stick shift. Nothing like feeling the car might be out of position in the corner and knowing you need to give it more gas and not braking to pull thru it.

Test Drivw at your own risk!
By rcbonn on 11/23/04 22:51 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The best vehicle that I have ever been in? No. The best vehicle that I have ever owned or driven? Absolutely!! More fun than I could have believed. After my wife and I test drove a tt 225 coupe we agreed that this was the car that we had to have. It is everything that I had hoped for. Responsive, fast, nimble, very comfortable and also very cool. Our tt turns heads and puts smiles on the faces of everyone who rides in it or who dares to drive it. Do not test drive this car unless you are ready to purchase one. From the crisp Bose sound system to the heated seats this car is luxury and sport come together with just the right blend. All wheel drive, 100+ MPH & city streets at 27 MPG!

Great little Car!
By Tino on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Audi TT is truly a drivers car. Your get great "bang" for your purchasing dollar not only with the TT but wit any Audi product. The TT is responsive to the touch of the gas pedal in any gear and blasts you along the road in style, comfort and look. This is a great performing car that is super on sunny days and will keep you smiling no matter how difficult your day at work was.

Instant Classic!
By Patsfan on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

What's not to like about this car? Even though it's been around for 5 years, it still turns heads. I bought mine a week and a half ago and it looks better every day. It's fun to drive, very comfortable, and not to jarring for a car that handles so well. The fit and finish is excellent and everything is well put together. Build quality is second to none. I look forward to years of exciting commutes to work and can't wait to see what it can do in the snow this winter.

A fun car
By Meggie D. on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car because it reminded me of the old Karmann Ghias. It doesn't drive like one though. Its zippy, powerful and a blast to drive.