2004 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
A Joy Every Time I Get In It
By faucj on 07/15/13 14:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought it secondhand, w/ low miles. Blast to drive! At 40K, no problems, but I have a reputable independent mechanic do preventative maintenance & proactively replaced the timing belt, etc. Very sport-oriented: firm ride, short gear throws, purpose-over-comfort cockpit, all fine - I wanted a sports car - but even for this driving enthusiast more than five hours in it is a little much. Top up, poor rear visibility - backing out of a parking space, especially with so many SUVs around, you can't see. Best to park backwards. Also, top-down requires a manually installed tonneau, which you have to keep with you, limiting trunk space. Research the forums - they're why I decided on the manual trans.

My Audi is 9 Years Old !
By singleindixie on 04/05/13 11:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car drives/looks brand new. I sure get respect when I drive anywhere. The people at Pete Moore Chevrolet in Pensacola have treated me very well. My interior has the baseball optic which looks impressive. Turns on a dime, fast take-off and stop. It can be a little noisy, but who cares, especially when the Bose is cranked up. Good car to purchase.

Auditt
By W on 08/13/10 22:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Head turning all the time. Just cool and practical with front-wheel drive.

What a blast!
By TT FN on 04/25/06 09:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Convertible 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is the most fun I have had in a long time. I can feel myself smile each time I get into it and start the engine. Everything just fits and feels great and the engine purrs like a lion. I wish it had a 6 disc CD in- dash but my i-Pod and i-Trip work great with the radio and to complain about CD capacity in an otherwise perfect vehicle just seems petty. The handling and performance are right on target for daily driving and road trip fun and the seats are about the most comfortable of any in this class of vehicle. I strongly recommend this car.

better than my Pontiac GTP in every way
By M. Gregory on 11/28/05 19:41 PM (PST)

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have always owned GM products, now I see the reason people are buying the foreign autos, I love the head and leg room, the fuel economy, the sheer performance of this little 4 cylinder, manual/automatic car. 130 MPH smooth as silk in my 180 HP weeney model, it is pure fun, my wife and me have had more fun with this car than any car, bike, truck or camper we own,

Wouldn't trade it for the WORLD. . .Well
By LovesIt on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Convertible 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Maybe. . .The DSG is amazing and the car handles so well. I just love the way that it moves. It makes me smile everytime I get in the car, that can be very hard to do in Los Angeles! It really is the greatist.

My DSG Rocks
By cao3895 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Convertible 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

There are very few cars that have the complete package: styling, performance, and comfort. This car has it all. The shape of this car is a timeless as the 911. No one comes close to the interior styling. There are faster cars, but none of them are as fun to drive. Believe me, I drove every sports car between $35,000 and $60,000 (except the Vette)before I purchased my DSG roadster.

Worth it
By rbr2d on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Convertible 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I had previously driven an Audi TTR 225 roadster. While I enjoyed it to the end I was constantly hounded by the turbo lag that seem to be unpredictable in tight situations. I am not aggressive but there are times when turbo lag can affect safety. I now drive the 3.2 DSG roadster. Other than the problem albeit fixable one that I encountered with the overfilled compressor, it was a worthy change. No turbo lag. Though heavier, it still responds well. The tighter suspension also makes the drive more fun.

my TT
By heymrfrancis on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

looks like a million bucks but only costs 36grand

YEEEE HAWWWw
By popster on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So far it has been a complete joy to drive whether short trips to the store or on long highway drives. I find the car to be quite comfortabe to drive and easy to handle. The best part is, it always makes me smile when I sit in it.