Used 2004 Audi TT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

A Joy Every Time I Get In It
By faucj

2004 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought it secondhand, w/ low miles. Blast to drive! At 40K, no problems, but I have a reputable independent mechanic do preventative maintenance & proactively replaced the timing belt, etc. Very sport-oriented: firm ride, short gear throws, purpose-over-comfort cockpit, all fine - I wanted a sports car - but even for this driving enthusiast more than five hours in it is a little much. Top up, poor rear visibility - backing out of a parking space, especially with so many SUVs around, you can't see. Best to park backwards. Also, top-down requires a manually installed tonneau, which you have to keep with you, limiting trunk space. Research the forums - they're why I decided on the manual trans.

Design (Int. and Ext.), Engine, Handling, Fuel Economy, Overall Quality

More Engine Power, More Intuitive Controls

My Audi is 9 Years Old !
By singleindixie

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car drives/looks brand new. I sure get respect when I drive anywhere. The people at Pete Moore Chevrolet in Pensacola have treated me very well. My interior has the baseball optic which looks impressive. Turns on a dime, fast take-off and stop. It can be a little noisy, but who cares, especially when the Bose is cranked up. Good car to purchase.

Baseball optic interior, Bose sound system, color-black on black, convertible

Re-design storage compartments

Auditt
By W

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Head turning all the time. Just cool and practical with front-wheel drive.

Turbo and creamy yellow seats. Air vents look cool.

Cup holder in door and place storage area where cup holder is located.

What a blast!
By TT FN

2004 Audi TT Convertible 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is the most fun I have had in a long time. I can feel myself smile each time I get into it and start the engine. Everything just fits and feels great and the engine purrs like a lion. I wish it had a 6 disc CD in- dash but my i-Pod and i-Trip work great with the radio and to complain about CD capacity in an otherwise perfect vehicle just seems petty. The handling and performance are right on target for daily driving and road trip fun and the seats are about the most comfortable of any in this class of vehicle. I strongly recommend this car.

I love the covered radio controls, the power top and wind deflector and cleanly designed instrumentation.

More usable space in the glove box for the manual, better cup holders and a center armrest.

better than my Pontiac GTP in every way
By M. Gregory

2004 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have always owned GM products, now I see the reason people are buying the foreign autos, I love the head and leg room, the fuel economy, the sheer performance of this little 4 cylinder, manual/automatic car. 130 MPH smooth as silk in my 180 HP weeney model, it is pure fun, my wife and me have had more fun with this car than any car, bike, truck or camper we own,

Manual/automatic transmission, real roll bars, 5 star side crash rating, large trunk, power top operation is quick and easy

Cup holders need moved. needs a center arm rest.