Used 2003 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2003 Audi TT Coupe

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Most Helpful|
Dream Maker
By CherylB

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Audi TT (220 hp)is the car of my dreams. I believe the 180 is a waste of time.(Nice copy of the 220...but not even close to the REAL thing) They spared no expense in making it all luxury as well as being the ULTIMATE sports car. Audi know's how to pamper drivers by making the experience the most pleasure you can get with your clothes on!!! I love my car and will continue a relationship with Audi/Porche for my next purchase. That's IF I EVER give up my TT!! Thank you Cheryl Bellows Nashua, NH

Favorite Features

I'm not sure I can pick a favorite feature, because it's all good. But I'd have to say the twin turbo is right up there at the top of my list with the beautiful interior. At night, it is the most beautiful interior lighting I've ever seen!!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I WISH it had is a sun roof. That would make things great. But to be honest, I don't care. It's still my baby and it's OK by me!

Experience with my Audi TT '03
By JoseMiami

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my TT on 06/03. A month later, I added a 6-CD changer for $350. It took over a month for the changer to arrive at the dealer, and it was incorrectly installed (lid kept popping). The tiptronic tranmission chip had to be replaced at about 10000 miles, the handle of the glove compartment broke when pulled with average strength, the battery died at 12000 miles and had to be replaced, an indicator cover (on the side front of the car) was loose and had to be replaced, the lamps on the trunk, etc...

Favorite Features

Exterior design, handling, interior design, materials used and craftmanship

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder needs to be repositioned, more horsepower for the price, standard V6 engine, standard 18" wheels, BETTER PARTS AVAILABILITY, longer warranty (only covers 4 yrs/50000 miles)

Believer
By CCC

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am 2 years into my used TT. It is picture perfect and fun to drive. 33 MPG on the HW 29 in town and I have a heavy foot. Best snow car I have ever owned (lived in CO for 29 years). Would get an extended protection plan as repairs are pricey. I love my car and always get asked about it.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are horrible. But I guess in Germany people drive without coffee.

Problems
By eman

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had it for 6 years and had nothing but problems- had to replace the battery 3 times. Had problems with both windows (replaced motors), Glove box broken (kept it shut not able to use $700 to replace) , had to replace the dashboard controls as the gas guage was giving false readings. Also, had to replace fron front rotors at 40K miles.Keyless entry had to be replaced as I think it ate up the battery.Replace various hoses etc at 60K miles.

Favorite Features

When it ran.. a fun to drive car.

Suggested Improvements

Get an extended warranty as you'll need it.

Love my 225QC!!!!
By MahTT

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought the last 2003 TTC225Q from the dealership nearby. This is the car I've lusted after for 4 years now, and I'm definately not dissappointed. I love the way it moves when I floor it, and the turbo lag isn't THAT bad. This is my first turbo car (previously had 2 GTI VR6's), and it's a blast to drive. The build quality is exceptional. I can't wait to drive this for years to come.

Favorite Features

Interior design - no one touches it (without using plastic trem). Exterior design - the Crossfire gives this car ZERO competition. The stock 18" wheels are awesome! Steering is SO tight, and the brakes are powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Build in an armrest - my only compalaint.