2003 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Great Fun
By dbh on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great sytle, great handling, better than average power, more cargo space than a sports car, good sound system, I can drive it every day of the year, and it's a head turner. What's not to like? Well, the blind spots caused by the body style, but you get use to them.

All looks
By Neichnm on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

While the ext/int design is incredible, the mat'ls & fit and finish make a great 1st impression, it can't hide the VW Golf roots. The handling is all understeer. The all on/all off throttle make the tubo lag feel worse & the engine shakes at idle. The 6 speed autotrans is excellent & masks the turbo lag some. Shifts are crisp, smooth & timely, making the most of the engine. Rear 3/4 blind spots are huge. The view out feels like an igloo with low set windows. My head hits the roof getting in and out. This is rolling sculpture. It's not a sports car. As long as priorities fit, this is a great car. The wife loves it.

more than expected
By golfergirl on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

traveling 1400 miles seemed like nothing. the ride, enjoyment and ease of driving made the "road trip" melt to a simple around the block cruse. averaging 80+ mph and 35 mpg is not your average sport car trip, not to mention the comfort and ease of driving. Z who? I had one. This car has style, and is an original. Like the original Z it sets the trend and others follow. sure other sport cars have more power, but none have more syle, comfort and originality. Read all the magizines comparisons you want. I will take my TT anyday over the competion. I'll be driving while they pump gas.

tt review
By martyn on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

great fun to drive ... coasts at 100 mph. superb acceleration from 70 - 90 mph

TT Times 2
By FJP_TT on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My second TT (the first a 180HP coupe) has taken the fun up another notch. The 225 hp 1.8 liter coupled with the 6-speed is a huge improvement in capability. Both of my TT's were Quattro-equipped and I wouldn't have it any other way - the stability of the car on the road is never in question. The ESP makes cutting loose on gravel much more enjoyable since it keeps the nose pointed where you steer it. I recommend a switch to all- season tires from the factory performance treads if you live near snow. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing! I've never enjoyed driving more...that's even including my younger days driving Triumph ragtops.

TIME FOR AUDI
By ROSEMIRO on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Since I bought my TT back in February 2002 I have had nothing but pure fun. Every time We are in the car we get lots of attention. People here in Hawaii still point whenever we pass by. Although I think it should have more horsepower, everything else about this car is just great. I feel like I've been driving this car all my life.

The Mother of all Sports Coupes
By daninoah on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has been out since 2000, and it still turns heads. It has a great engine sound. The car is very fast. It might not beat a 350z or GS Coupe 6MT, but its styling and build quality blow away any similarly priced sport coupe. The seats are firm. The gears are short and easy to find. The turbo lag is negligible. The quattro handling is like nothing you've ever experienced. One would have to be very reckless and make many mistakes to get into trouble with this car. The car is solidly built and can be driven every day.

hot looks, with a real soul
By jebneb on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

watch out for the first and second gear shifts, it needs to be tightened up. also make sure the seats are adjusted properly to your liking before you drive. seat adjustments are manual. once you kick into third gear, it is quick as lightning and the handling is great. also watch your head when entering. otherwise, it is an awesome, eye catching performance sports coupe.

My second TT
By Lewmar on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When the lease ended on my 180hp 2000 TT, I wanted a change, so I headed to the dealerships to find a replacement. The Infiniti G35 felt more like a Cadillac than a sports car, and understeered at 25MPH on a corner that I take daily in the TT at 35. The Porshe Boxter was faster, the BMW330 and Mercedes CLK a smoother ride, but somehow none gave me the smile that the TT has for 3 years. I'm now the proud owner of a 2003 225Hp TTQ. Turbo lag is more pronounced than it was on the 180Hp, but the extra 45 horses are a welcome addition. It still turns heads, and the interior fits like a glove; it couldn't feel more natural or comfortable to drive.

TT Quattro is a great car
By chief96 on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a 2002 TT. I live in Germany and have to traverse a windy mountain road to get to work. The ride is made enjoyable by the car. It's also a great car on the autobahn. I can appreciate the reviews about not holding the line in a curve as well as Porche and BMW, however I can drive my car in the winter while they are in the garage. There is always a trade off.