Used 2003 Audi TT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

TT after 3 months
By Banker John

2003 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car as a 25th wedding anniversary present for my wife. She typically doesn't get excited about cars, but really went crazy over the TT. I've had various convertibles for over 17 years. I drove a Z4 and and a Boxster (tiptronic) for comparison. TT won out on styling, interior quality and what I would label as 80% driving - that stuff we all do during our daily trips around town. Z4 was a close competitor, but I just couldn't get used to the looks. Boxster (with tiptronic) was a dog to drive around town, and it's interior was pretty spartan (read cheap looking) compared to the other two.

Top - works great. Wind protection with glass behind the seats. Stop light performance - pretty quick for 180 hp and an automatic. Build quality, interior.

Top - would be nice if it looked a little more finished when down - like the Z4 (which has a really world class top in all respects) and Boxster. Also would like to see a lined top. Arm rests - for a lengthy drive it would be nice to have a center arm rest.

killer
By bndjbnd

2003 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Favorite car of all time

Fun to drive

My Toy Roadster
By stkbrk

2003 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Power plant is acceptable for this kind of vehicle. Performance is great... acceleration is superb, although scary. DMV threat me with revoking my license is I get another fine. It cruises at 80 mph with no effort. Style and design provokes in others curiosity and admiration. It's a simple fun to drive and owned german roadster. I will not have it any other way!

Power plant and its capabilities, handking is awsome, interior space, trunk size is convenient. Design... ahead of its time.

I have none at this time.

Nice!
By unascribed

2003 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is very thoughtfully designed. I was comparing it with the Boxster, which I thought had an edge on the exterior styling but the TT's interior styling is nicer. Plus, I get a lot more car for less money -- rear glass window, retractable rear wind deflector. And I love the silver cover on the audio system. It's such a nice touch. The construction is very solid. You can tell when you close the doors and trunk. It's very solid.

The interior styling is awesome! The silver spokes is the theme throughout the car, including the gas lid. I like the minimal noise that it makes when the tops is on while you drive on the highway.

I'd like them change the styling of the front. Hence, I give the edge to the Boxster on this one. However, the coupe's exterior design is even nicer!

autobahn
By schneller

2003 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

excellent car, drives great, looks good...must stay off intersate roads...to many pot holes...

makes me feel good driving this car. The style is so different and looks like no other car on the road. The interior fit and finish is very pleasing and comfortable.

I don't need the cup holder and would have enjoyed an arm rest better. The controls for the air conditioner are a bit confusing and could use a simpler design. Increase in power to perhaps 250-260 hp as well as torque.

• SUV