Used 2003 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Love the car, never again
By endophil

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have the TT for over three years. Love the way it rides. Fun, handles great, though alittle heavy. Inside a little claustrophobic with many blind spots. Most disappointing is reliability. The car has 6400 miles. So far the electrical system, air cond. system, dash cluster fuel gauge, glove box have been repaired. Need I say more? Would think twice about the 2003 TT.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, handles great, Quattro

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility, short throw shifter, much better reliability

Experience with my Audi TT '03
By JoseMiami

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my TT on 06/03. A month later, I added a 6-CD changer for $350. It took over a month for the changer to arrive at the dealer, and it was incorrectly installed (lid kept popping). The tiptronic tranmission chip had to be replaced at about 10000 miles, the handle of the glove compartment broke when pulled with average strength, the battery died at 12000 miles and had to be replaced, an indicator cover (on the side front of the car) was loose and had to be replaced, the lamps on the trunk, etc...

Favorite Features

Exterior design, handling, interior design, materials used and craftmanship

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder needs to be repositioned, more horsepower for the price, standard V6 engine, standard 18" wheels, BETTER PARTS AVAILABILITY, longer warranty (only covers 4 yrs/50000 miles)

Overpriced
By paulto817

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Two plus years into owning a TT is disappointing. I have had model cars that held paint better. Chips and pits galore. The keyless remotes constantly require reprogramming, and the Audi comprehensive warranty is not all it is that good. The dealer will decide when you get what fixed, regardless of your feedback. Brakes wear, well we understand they are soft but they are within .000001 inch, so no replacement. Come back after the 50,000 mile waranty and we will be happy to replace them for a fee. My first and last Audi, just to much money for an underperforming vehicle.

Favorite Features

style

Suggested Improvements

Better service, better performance from the car. Feels great at first, then you wonder why you paid so much for 225 hp. The thrill does not last.

Never in the garage!
By butchyboy

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The grocery getter has been retired! From a Volvo XC to an Audi TT, I'll never look back. My TT never sees the garage as I'm too busy enjoying the drives around the winding country and city roads of Northern California!

Favorite Features

The coccoon like envelopment of the interior. The sound of the engine when accelerating. The envious looks from other sports car drivers.

Suggested Improvements

The ability to change the dash light color from red.

Love my 225QC!!!!
By MahTT

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought the last 2003 TTC225Q from the dealership nearby. This is the car I've lusted after for 4 years now, and I'm definately not dissappointed. I love the way it moves when I floor it, and the turbo lag isn't THAT bad. This is my first turbo car (previously had 2 GTI VR6's), and it's a blast to drive. The build quality is exceptional. I can't wait to drive this for years to come.

Favorite Features

Interior design - no one touches it (without using plastic trem). Exterior design - the Crossfire gives this car ZERO competition. The stock 18" wheels are awesome! Steering is SO tight, and the brakes are powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Build in an armrest - my only compalaint.