2003 Audi TT 180hp Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2003 TT Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Sort Reviews by

Ooo-La-La
By MmmmTT

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my TT. Plain and simple. I've ridden in and driven corvettes, porsches, bmw M3s M5s, lancer evo, wrk sti, etc. Mostly while shopping for my girl recently. None just felt as right as my TT. After each drive I hop back in the audi and suddenly I'm reminded of why I work 50 hours a week to drive this car. Oh and for the love of god please don't buy a roadster. Please.

Favorite Features

Xenon headlamps. Tiptronic trans. Coupe. Heated seats. Amazing styling. Bose sound 6-disc changer.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm good question.... Can't come up with anything.

Much Fun, but with an annoying squeek.
By Laguna beagle

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my '03 TT new. At about 2,000 miles it developed an annoying squeek emanating from somewhere in the right rear hatch area. I took it to the dealer who did some "insulation" work which helped for a short time, but then it came back. A week ago I hauled 4 bags of seed topper from Home Depot and the squeek went away for the most part. I'm wondering if the problem could be related to the right rear strut mounting. Could a bushing be the culprit? Otherwise, the TT is a blast! The Quattro is fantastic in the wet; when everyone else is lifting, the TT tracks along like it's on rails. I give it a 9 overall.

Favorite Features

1. Fun to drive (Quattro) 2. Engine/exhaust sound inside the car 3. Styling 4. Sound system (Bose)

Suggested Improvements

1. Electric seats, but maybe the extra weight would affect performance. 2. More integrated phone system and a TeleAid system (Mercedes-like)

Audi TT
By Mobilesonics

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A great car, and a blast to drive -- not much to complain about. Got the 225HP, and wouldn't mind just a little more power. But amazing performance for a 1.8 litre 4 .. and awesome fuel mileage for a true sports car. We get about 31MPG. It's my wife's car, and is perfect for her. I'm 5'11" and it's just barely big enough to be comfortable for me. If you're over 6', this probably isn't the car for you.

Favorite Features

Handling in corners -- the car has more guts than I do.

Suggested Improvements

Programmable seats would be nice. And just a little more power to make it scarier.

I love this car!!
By Scout

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just picked up my car yesterday, I LOVE it. I'm going to be 50 next year and I decided to trade in my 2002 Lexus ES 300 on something fun. Life is just too short! I'm very picky when it comes to quality. I don't see anything about the TT I don't like. I decided on the automatic, simply because the traffic is so bad around here, I didn't want to do a lot of shifting. Audi even makes it fun to drive an automatic!

Favorite Features

looks all the way around, auto transmission is great

Suggested Improvements

better placement of cup holders, sun roof option would be nice.

Dream Maker
By CherylB

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Audi TT (220 hp)is the car of my dreams. I believe the 180 is a waste of time.(Nice copy of the 220...but not even close to the REAL thing) They spared no expense in making it all luxury as well as being the ULTIMATE sports car. Audi know's how to pamper drivers by making the experience the most pleasure you can get with your clothes on!!! I love my car and will continue a relationship with Audi/Porche for my next purchase. That's IF I EVER give up my TT!! Thank you Cheryl Bellows Nashua, NH

Favorite Features

I'm not sure I can pick a favorite feature, because it's all good. But I'd have to say the twin turbo is right up there at the top of my list with the beautiful interior. At night, it is the most beautiful interior lighting I've ever seen!!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I WISH it had is a sun roof. That would make things great. But to be honest, I don't care. It's still my baby and it's OK by me!

TT4ME
By NicholasB

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Although I've only owned the TT for a little over a month, I am thoroughly pleased with every aspect of the car. The TT has plenty of power, excellent build quality, and, for a sports car, a comfortable ride. The four year old design still looks fresh and modern. It is a blast to drive!

Favorite Features

Quattro drive system; Styling--both inside and out; Turbo power available at low rpm's; Hatchback versatility

Suggested Improvements

Replace temp spare with a full size tire.

crouch rocket
By kirby mathews

the most enjoyable vehicles i have ever owned BAR NONE

Favorite Features

quattro

Suggested Improvements

had to improve excellence

LOVE THE TT
By Brock M.

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the BEST sports car out there. I have done extensive research on cars and this car is by far the best for the money. I LOVE it!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING

Suggested Improvements

More choices in color.

nice ride
By vlad5404

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

no problems with my 2003 TT 225 coup. Test drove- boxster, lost it in a curve at 70 tt held on, Z350 - nice power nice exterior, plastic iterior not functional for golf clubs- lexus 430- heavy, hated the shifter and the 911- excellent a little too pricy and again golf club issue. Live in NE and no problem with al the snow wehad great car lots of looks and comments

Favorite Features

Just driving

Suggested Improvements

A lot of after market enhancements available that should be options that will not void warrenty

Difficult to ask for more....
By zegypt

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Audi TT Coupe is a very interesting car in many ways. It is a head-turning attention getter that has one of the most amazing interiors of any car I've ever seen, much less owned. The power, while criticized by some reviewers, is more than adequate unless you plan on racing regularly (not me). You get a great deal of car for the price, with very few problems. As for comfort, you get a nice ride that, again, is adequate for most anyone. The controls are excellently placed. Functionality is almost perfect, except for the flaws below.

Favorite Features

The styling. Nothing comes close to it that isn't over $65,000. I drove a 2002 Porsche 911 convertible last summer, and while not comparable in many ways, the satisfaction derived from both cars is similar: you feel like you're driving something special.

Suggested Improvements

The major flaws come with the placement of the cupholder (behind and to the side), no center arm rest, and the arm rest on the side of the door is not place well so that it makes it difficult to find a comfortable place to lean on.