2003 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Problems
By eman on 04/23/10 08:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had it for 6 years and had nothing but problems- had to replace the battery 3 times. Had problems with both windows (replaced motors), Glove box broken (kept it shut not able to use $700 to replace) , had to replace the dashboard controls as the gas guage was giving false readings. Also, had to replace fron front rotors at 40K miles.Keyless entry had to be replaced as I think it ate up the battery.Replace various hoses etc at 60K miles.

Long-term review 2003 180HP TT Coupe
By JP on 09/18/06 13:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Driving before the turbo kicks in is painful. The paint is EXTREMELY susceptible to scraches, dents, and road damage. The Tiptronic chip had to be replaced along with the battery at 8000 miles. The instrument cluster had a problem at 28000 miles. The glove compartment handle broke during normal operation at 5000 miles. It tookthe dealer two CD changers (CDC) and several complaints to get the CDC working right. The brakes would "scarily push back at your foot when depressed harshly"; the dealer never found anything wrong. Just like the exterior, all the nice brushed aluminum accents are extremely susceptible to damage/scratches.

Experience with my Audi TT '03
By JoseMiami on 09/22/05 23:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my TT on 06/03. A month later, I added a 6-CD changer for $350. It took over a month for the changer to arrive at the dealer, and it was incorrectly installed (lid kept popping). The tiptronic tranmission chip had to be replaced at about 10000 miles, the handle of the glove compartment broke when pulled with average strength, the battery died at 12000 miles and had to be replaced, an indicator cover (on the side front of the car) was loose and had to be replaced, the lamps on the trunk, etc...

Never in the garage!
By butchyboy on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The grocery getter has been retired! From a Volvo XC to an Audi TT, I'll never look back. My TT never sees the garage as I'm too busy enjoying the drives around the winding country and city roads of Northern California!

Ooo-La-La
By MmmmTT on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my TT. Plain and simple. I've ridden in and driven corvettes, porsches, bmw M3s M5s, lancer evo, wrk sti, etc. Mostly while shopping for my girl recently. None just felt as right as my TT. After each drive I hop back in the audi and suddenly I'm reminded of why I work 50 hours a week to drive this car. Oh and for the love of god please don't buy a roadster. Please.

I love this car!!
By Scout on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just picked up my car yesterday, I LOVE it. I'm going to be 50 next year and I decided to trade in my 2002 Lexus ES 300 on something fun. Life is just too short! I'm very picky when it comes to quality. I don't see anything about the TT I don't like. I decided on the automatic, simply because the traffic is so bad around here, I didn't want to do a lot of shifting. Audi even makes it fun to drive an automatic!

All looks
By Neichnm on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

While the ext/int design is incredible, the mat'ls & fit and finish make a great 1st impression, it can't hide the VW Golf roots. The handling is all understeer. The all on/all off throttle make the tubo lag feel worse & the engine shakes at idle. The 6 speed autotrans is excellent & masks the turbo lag some. Shifts are crisp, smooth & timely, making the most of the engine. Rear 3/4 blind spots are huge. The view out feels like an igloo with low set windows. My head hits the roof getting in and out. This is rolling sculpture. It's not a sports car. As long as priorities fit, this is a great car. The wife loves it.

more than expected
By golfergirl on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

traveling 1400 miles seemed like nothing. the ride, enjoyment and ease of driving made the "road trip" melt to a simple around the block cruse. averaging 80+ mph and 35 mpg is not your average sport car trip, not to mention the comfort and ease of driving. Z who? I had one. This car has style, and is an original. Like the original Z it sets the trend and others follow. sure other sport cars have more power, but none have more syle, comfort and originality. Read all the magizines comparisons you want. I will take my TT anyday over the competion. I'll be driving while they pump gas.

tt review
By martyn on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

great fun to drive ... coasts at 100 mph. superb acceleration from 70 - 90 mph

Love my TT!
By delta on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have so much fun driving my TT. The one drawback is all the attention you get in it, people are sometimes a little aggressive to want to see it, sit in it, etc.