2003 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Problems
By eman on 04/23/10 08:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had it for 6 years and had nothing but problems- had to replace the battery 3 times. Had problems with both windows (replaced motors), Glove box broken (kept it shut not able to use $700 to replace) , had to replace the dashboard controls as the gas guage was giving false readings. Also, had to replace fron front rotors at 40K miles.Keyless entry had to be replaced as I think it ate up the battery.Replace various hoses etc at 60K miles.

Classic
By Thom on 11/24/09 10:22 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As an Audi Collector I believe this one will be an Audi Classic in due time. I've owned this one for 6 yrs and the only probs have been the electronics (windows, etc.). It is still as tight as the day bought and the 1.8 engine is a miniature work-horse. It's a solid machine that will be kept for ages.

Believer
By CCC on 04/19/09 18:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am 2 years into my used TT. It is picture perfect and fun to drive. 33 MPG on the HW 29 in town and I have a heavy foot. Best snow car I have ever owned (lived in CO for 29 years). Would get an extended protection plan as repairs are pricey. I love my car and always get asked about it.

Fun
By noxdr on 07/01/07 07:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got it used and had it for a year. It turned out to be what it was advertised to be - fun and great to drive. Very good acceleration, handling, fantastic in the snow with snow tires.

Long-term review 2003 180HP TT Coupe
By JP on 09/18/06 13:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Driving before the turbo kicks in is painful. The paint is EXTREMELY susceptible to scraches, dents, and road damage. The Tiptronic chip had to be replaced along with the battery at 8000 miles. The instrument cluster had a problem at 28000 miles. The glove compartment handle broke during normal operation at 5000 miles. It tookthe dealer two CD changers (CDC) and several complaints to get the CDC working right. The brakes would "scarily push back at your foot when depressed harshly"; the dealer never found anything wrong. Just like the exterior, all the nice brushed aluminum accents are extremely susceptible to damage/scratches.

Love the car, never again
By endophil on 03/18/06 14:51 PM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have the TT for over three years. Love the way it rides. Fun, handles great, though alittle heavy. Inside a little claustrophobic with many blind spots. Most disappointing is reliability. The car has 6400 miles. So far the electrical system, air cond. system, dash cluster fuel gauge, glove box have been repaired. Need I say more? Would think twice about the 2003 TT.

Experience with my Audi TT '03
By JoseMiami on 09/22/05 23:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my TT on 06/03. A month later, I added a 6-CD changer for $350. It took over a month for the changer to arrive at the dealer, and it was incorrectly installed (lid kept popping). The tiptronic tranmission chip had to be replaced at about 10000 miles, the handle of the glove compartment broke when pulled with average strength, the battery died at 12000 miles and had to be replaced, an indicator cover (on the side front of the car) was loose and had to be replaced, the lamps on the trunk, etc...

Overpriced
By paulto817 on 05/11/05 08:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Two plus years into owning a TT is disappointing. I have had model cars that held paint better. Chips and pits galore. The keyless remotes constantly require reprogramming, and the Audi comprehensive warranty is not all it is that good. The dealer will decide when you get what fixed, regardless of your feedback. Brakes wear, well we understand they are soft but they are within .000001 inch, so no replacement. Come back after the 50,000 mile waranty and we will be happy to replace them for a fee. My first and last Audi, just to much money for an underperforming vehicle.

Never in the garage!
By butchyboy on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The grocery getter has been retired! From a Volvo XC to an Audi TT, I'll never look back. My TT never sees the garage as I'm too busy enjoying the drives around the winding country and city roads of Northern California!

Love my 225QC!!!!
By MahTT on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought the last 2003 TTC225Q from the dealership nearby. This is the car I've lusted after for 4 years now, and I'm definately not dissappointed. I love the way it moves when I floor it, and the turbo lag isn't THAT bad. This is my first turbo car (previously had 2 GTI VR6's), and it's a blast to drive. The build quality is exceptional. I can't wait to drive this for years to come.