2003 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Classic
By Thom on 11/24/09 10:22 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As an Audi Collector I believe this one will be an Audi Classic in due time. I've owned this one for 6 yrs and the only probs have been the electronics (windows, etc.). It is still as tight as the day bought and the 1.8 engine is a miniature work-horse. It's a solid machine that will be kept for ages.

Believer
By CCC on 04/19/09 18:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am 2 years into my used TT. It is picture perfect and fun to drive. 33 MPG on the HW 29 in town and I have a heavy foot. Best snow car I have ever owned (lived in CO for 29 years). Would get an extended protection plan as repairs are pricey. I love my car and always get asked about it.

Fun
By noxdr on 07/01/07 07:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got it used and had it for a year. It turned out to be what it was advertised to be - fun and great to drive. Very good acceleration, handling, fantastic in the snow with snow tires.

Love the car, never again
By endophil on 03/18/06 14:51 PM (PST)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have the TT for over three years. Love the way it rides. Fun, handles great, though alittle heavy. Inside a little claustrophobic with many blind spots. Most disappointing is reliability. The car has 6400 miles. So far the electrical system, air cond. system, dash cluster fuel gauge, glove box have been repaired. Need I say more? Would think twice about the 2003 TT.

Overpriced
By paulto817 on 05/11/05 08:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Two plus years into owning a TT is disappointing. I have had model cars that held paint better. Chips and pits galore. The keyless remotes constantly require reprogramming, and the Audi comprehensive warranty is not all it is that good. The dealer will decide when you get what fixed, regardless of your feedback. Brakes wear, well we understand they are soft but they are within .000001 inch, so no replacement. Come back after the 50,000 mile waranty and we will be happy to replace them for a fee. My first and last Audi, just to much money for an underperforming vehicle.

Love my 225QC!!!!
By MahTT on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought the last 2003 TTC225Q from the dealership nearby. This is the car I've lusted after for 4 years now, and I'm definately not dissappointed. I love the way it moves when I floor it, and the turbo lag isn't THAT bad. This is my first turbo car (previously had 2 GTI VR6's), and it's a blast to drive. The build quality is exceptional. I can't wait to drive this for years to come.

Much Fun, but with an annoying squeek.
By Laguna beagle on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my '03 TT new. At about 2,000 miles it developed an annoying squeek emanating from somewhere in the right rear hatch area. I took it to the dealer who did some "insulation" work which helped for a short time, but then it came back. A week ago I hauled 4 bags of seed topper from Home Depot and the squeek went away for the most part. I'm wondering if the problem could be related to the right rear strut mounting. Could a bushing be the culprit? Otherwise, the TT is a blast! The Quattro is fantastic in the wet; when everyone else is lifting, the TT tracks along like it's on rails. I give it a 9 overall.

Audi TT
By Mobilesonics on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A great car, and a blast to drive -- not much to complain about. Got the 225HP, and wouldn't mind just a little more power. But amazing performance for a 1.8 litre 4 .. and awesome fuel mileage for a true sports car. We get about 31MPG. It's my wife's car, and is perfect for her. I'm 5'11" and it's just barely big enough to be comfortable for me. If you're over 6', this probably isn't the car for you.

Dream Maker
By CherylB on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Audi TT (220 hp)is the car of my dreams. I believe the 180 is a waste of time.(Nice copy of the 220...but not even close to the REAL thing) They spared no expense in making it all luxury as well as being the ULTIMATE sports car. Audi know's how to pamper drivers by making the experience the most pleasure you can get with your clothes on!!! I love my car and will continue a relationship with Audi/Porche for my next purchase. That's IF I EVER give up my TT!! Thank you Cheryl Bellows Nashua, NH

TT4ME
By NicholasB on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Although I've only owned the TT for a little over a month, I am thoroughly pleased with every aspect of the car. The TT has plenty of power, excellent build quality, and, for a sports car, a comfortable ride. The four year old design still looks fresh and modern. It is a blast to drive!