2002 Audi TT Consumer Review: 20 year Z guy gone Audi

2002 Audi TT - Consumer Review

180hp Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

20 year Z guy gone Audi
By fl81turbozx on

2002 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The exterior lines of the 1st generation Audi TT are destined to be classic. With a factory spoiler it evokes thoughts more of a classic Porsche than a Golf or Beetle. Not only did the car redefine Audi, making cars like the R8 possible, but it also redefined a segment of which the 350z took many notes. As far as things falling apart, we will see. From experience, when a typical American is faced with a knob, switch or lever we are not familiar with, what do we do...we wrench, wiggle, push and pull on it until we brake it. God forbid we get out the manual! Handling is fantastic. Braking is better than anything I have ever driven. 370z included. Backseats, perfect, for my 2yr old.

The interior is superb. If the classic lines of the exterior are not this car's strongest point, then the interior is. Whereas aftermarket guru's and copy-cat manufactures are rushing to add every piece of fake plastic stainless and chrome they can find, the Audi TT did it first and did it right.

Performance, well if the chick car thing came from anywhere, perhaps it is in performance. Itís by no means a dog, but I believe a chip and performance exhaust is in my TTís future. Realistically, it is short about 15-20hp; I think I will add an extra 40 to keep things interesting.