Used 2002 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2002 Audi TT Coupe

View reviews for a specific TT model:

ALMS for me
By jon weden

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp ALMS Edition quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've loved this car from the first day I took possession of it. With the turbocharged engine, nicely matched 6-speed manual and quattro all-wheel drive this car provides all the performance of cars priced thousands higher. The TT is really in it's element on open, twisting roads - but I've found that it is fun to slalom through the ponderously large SUV's which congest our urban freeways! The details of this car are designed to delight - all the way down to the beautifully designed gas filler - makes filling the tank marginally enjoyable. In the two years I've had the car I have had had no mechanical problems and only minor issues with the radio system.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature of this car is how the beautiful appearance of the exterior and interior translate to an excellent driving experience - its not just for show!

Suggested Improvements

My one complaint is that the car could benefit from 30-35 more horsepower. This has partially been addressed with the new six-cylinder engine but at the expense of additional weight. A meatier four cylinder with lets say 260 horsepower would be brillient!

just info
By bozbag

I haven't had any problems with the vehicle at all. Plan on buying another set of wheels and tires if you plan on driving in the winter where it snows.

Favorite Features

I love the all wheel drive

Everyday is raceday at Le Mans
By MNR

Have had the ALMS for just over a year and a half and i never get tired of looking at it. Got the Avus silver with red leather interior and its the most beautiful interior i've ever seen in a car regardless of price. Being single, this car doesn't dissappoint. Great handling car, could use better steering feel and weight and less turbo lag. Definately need a radar detector with this one.....

Favorite Features

Turbo sound and rush, go-cart like handling, looks, looks, looks! Every day feels like Le Mans.

Suggested Improvements

Someone needs to design a more integrated bike/ski rack than whats currently available, curved aluminum side rails? More power, better steering, less rattles.

Pre-Owned TT
By gottcha

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun, fun, fun, to drive. Wheather the car is parked or on the road, it always turns heads.

Favorite Features

Interior styling is a plus. The silver touch to door trim, a/c vents, shift knob, etc. Quick and agile. The sound of the exhaust is awesome. The 7 speaker sound system is smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Hadling: for the price, the auto makers could have stiffened the supension a bit more. Turbo lag is a drag.

Too fun to drive
By bertram31

I traded a 1999 A4 in for this car and my first impression was wow what a difference. The car tracks as if it's on rails. No problems in 16K miles. The 225 HP turbocharged engine pulls like a raped ape! There is some turbo lag but you get used to it quickly. My wife and I constantly fight over who gets to drive it too work. Talk about a head turner, too bad I'm not single again.

Favorite Features

Red leather interiour, Gauges and controls, Nav System, Bose Stereo, Heated Seats keep your butt toasty on cold California mornings.

Suggested Improvements

Armrest should be an option. I installed one that was way too expensive but beutiful. It made longer trips more comfortable.