2002 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Lemon or not?
By Charlie on 03/11/06 07:52 AM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have dreamed of owning an Audi TT for years. I found an '02 with 14K miles on it, garage kept (impeccable condition). Still smells new. I thought I was getting a real good deal for paying $23,900. I thought there can't be anything wrong with this baby. Well, I bought it on a friday evening, took it home had it for the weekend and noticed a knocking noise coming from the front driver's side tire. Called dealership where was purchased, said you have to call audi, had it picked up monday, shipped to San Antonio TX, they kept if for 2 weeks, received it friday. Drove it 2 miles and same loud knocking. It's getting picked up mon again and god only knows how long it will be before i get to enjoy.

My little TT
By TonyS on 01/30/06 16:06 PM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 180hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was a fun car to own, however my biggest disappointment was that in 3 years the dealer could not make it stop rattling. Also, the cargo cover in the trunk is really a piece of junk - a primary source of rattles. Other than that it was quick, reliable and fun to drive.

My second TT
By fjp_tt on 01/04/06 09:34 AM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had an early 2000 TT with the 180hp engine, and loved it, but yearned for a bit more engine. Two years later and a really good lease deal and my yearning is satisfied. My green 225hp is a perfect blend of great performance, fabulous looks and even excellent fuel economy! My only mistake was the lease which means I'll have to find a replacement - possibly my third TT if Audi doesn't mess with it too much in the coming model year.

Style over substance
By Brandon Keener on 05/29/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This was my first German car after one Toyota, one Honda, and two Acuras. This was such a wonderful change from the Asian generic look of my previous cars, but the warranty issues were not something I was used to dealing with (bad clutch at 12K, haywire windows, faulty airbag, dead radio, oil burning). Regardless of these issues, I still love the car. Woefully underpowered for $39,800, it all comes down to the look. I have never been looked at more in any car I have ever owned. My relationship with the car was so strong that I forgave all its deficiencies....almost....see improvement needs....

Live Close to a Dealer
By audi owner on 12/14/04 16:15 PM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp ALMS Edition quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car! this is my second Audi purchase - both similar stories: In the shop every 4-8 weeks. Just make sure you have ready access to a dealer nearby and expect to get to know them. But, hey, you'll love the car - reliable or not!!!

Cool Fun
By wiz on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

From the moment I saw the prototype of this car I knew it was a classic.After years of lusting for it I finally purchased the red ALMS.Its a classy car, loads of fun to drive and always gets a thumbs up on the road.No mechanical problems after 2 years and my weekend ritual is keeping it clean. I put a computer chip in it and changed the exhaust system for a little more kick. A sunroof would be nice but really its a great car!

Still my dream car...
By Dream TT on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 2 1/2 years of ownership I'm still in love with this car. The design of this car is timeless and I can't imagine ever owning another sports car. In the twisties, it drives like a slot car (even in the rain with Quattro all wheel drive.) The interior design fits the overall design theme and I have plenty of room (I'm 6' 2".) It's surprisingly roomy for such a small car. It's also very comfortable on long trips (no driver fatigue.) I also like not seeing multiples of my model of car everyday. Sometimes I go days without seeing another TT....and I don't live in the boonies!

AUDI ALMS Edition TT Quattro Turbo
By PMJCB3 on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I've had the Audi ALMS Edition TT Quattro for over two years now, and I still love getting into it! Timeless Style that continues to turn heads...

Can't Leave The Driver's Seat
By speed07 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Oh my gosh, this has to be one of the most fun driving cars ever. I went to a car show and was strolling around and found an Audi and there was a TT Coupe and i had to sit in it. Once closing the door I fell in love. I couldn't figure out wether it was how quiet the cabin was or how it felt like I was going fast while standing still. So when I got home I researched them and decided to buy used and got a 2002 Audi TT Coupe 225 Hp and am never getting another car until this one quits. No matter how fast your going with the quattro you can whip it in and out of the curves with no slipage and the engine keeps pumping out RPM's.

my tt
By michellemms3 on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Fun to drive, and in good driving/weather conditions it takes care of you. I have the performance tires so snow & ice can be tricky, but the all wheel drive is wonderful in the snow. This car has very confident acceleration, and handling.