2002 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews

2002 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Look at everyone stare as you go by
By Will on 07/26/10 23:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is one of a kind without a doubt, great engine (had water pump replaced with metal impellar version for reliability, ecu raflashed, new dv, and p-flo intake. It is now where it needs to be for being a sports car with more turbo kick and less restriction on the engine. Great to drive anywhere anytime, handles unbelievably well on all roads. Only minor problems have occurred but nothing that cant be fixed by joining a forum online and a little bit of mechanical common sense. I highly recommend purchasing used, with the 225 engine with a 6 speed, its all fun when you want it and feels great driving through town watching everyone's jaw drop at the styling and sound.

Want a sports car? Go buy a greyhound.
By TTer on 11/25/09 12:33 PM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

TT coupe is without a doubt the best car I have owned. Beware, this is not a sports car. The engine lacks power and needs a re-map for true performance, and the handling in corners while better than most typical US cars and SUVs is terrible in standard trim with excessive understeer and roll. Having said that it is fast enough to eat most other traffic for breakfast and great fun on rural roads - especially if there are no proper corners. Fuel economy is pretty special considering the performance and the design is iconic and fast becoming a classic. If you can live with the unreliability and couldn't care less customer service from Audi, you should buy one.

20 year Z guy gone Audi
By fl81turbozx on 10/30/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The exterior lines of the 1st generation Audi TT are destined to be classic. With a factory spoiler it evokes thoughts more of a classic Porsche than a Golf or Beetle. Not only did the car redefine Audi, making cars like the R8 possible, but it also redefined a segment of which the 350z took many notes. As far as things falling apart, we will see. From experience, when a typical American is faced with a knob, switch or lever we are not familiar with, what do we do...we wrench, wiggle, push and pull on it until we brake it. God forbid we get out the manual! Handling is fantastic. Braking is better than anything I have ever driven. 370z included. Backseats, perfect, for my 2yr old.

Don't buy a TT
By C dub on 07/14/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my dream car used 2 years ago. Since then it has had one problem after another. The timing belt breaks prematurely with these cars and Audi USA knows this and does nothing about it. Instrument cluster fails, fuel cell broken 3x, automatic window motor goes out. If you get a flat tire you have to buy a whole set of new tires because they have to have the same tread wear as it is AWD. And even the most minor thing to fix is very expensive I had a blast driving it when it wasnt broken, but it seems to be breaking more and more and the car is only 6 yrs old. Don't buy this car no matter how "pretty" it is.

Buy Used Save Money Have Fun
By odachimaster on 01/01/07 19:14 PM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car still had full warranty for 10 months. Just know what you're buying. You cannot go wrong with an Audi. Parts are expensive, but check salvage yards The car shifts smooth, corners great. Invest in good tyres always, do not have to be the most pricey ones. It rides a little stiff but it is supposed to.

German Precision American Vision
By Beeyond on 10/04/06 20:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car lacks power but has EYE appeal galore. I added a Borla catback system, a D-BOV both of which make great sound, power and Looks. P-flo air. Euro tail lights, short shifter, custom mats, red LEDs inside and paint wax custom front full bra. I have a ride I can be proud of set of tires are General 225/45/17 never thought I would own GENERALS but made by Uniroyal great tyres. TT holds the corners and going up hill it keeps giving you more power. My wife drove it and could not believe the power it has she said it never quit when she demanded more it was there for her.

My Little Red Coupe
By JRL on 09/21/06 22:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has provided me with the most fun of any car I've ever owned. Handles great in the snow and ice, and amazingly on mountain passes. Good thing skis became shorter in the past years, as there's not a lot of room inside, and Audi stopped making their racks for the TT. Audi service has been fantastic to deal with - I've had very few issues over the four years I've had the car. I think I'll end up keeping this one until the wheels fall off. Can't think of another car at the price range that packs the punch that the 225 hp TT has in terms of performance and craftsmanship.

A blast to own!
By Chris Spida on 08/26/06 21:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp ALMS Edition quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car caught my attention when it first came out. It was always a dream of mine to own one and now I do! I cannot go anywhere with out getting a compliment on the car. People always love the red interior and want to ask questions about the vehicle in general. If get the opportunity to own one of these beauties be prepared for a lot of attention, especially outside of affluent areas. However, there is a down side. There have been a number of problems with the drive train on the car and Audi of America has been less than helpful at some of the turns. Be prepared to go through some hassles. But if you can take it in stride it will pay you back!

Get the extended warranty
By Cyan on 06/29/06 21:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Coupe 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had many small problems. Some of which I've had fixed by Audi service only to have the problem come back. Never left me stranded or embarrassed. I get lots of looks, kind of a funny sounding wimpy idle. Handles like it's on rails but could use a little more power. Tons of space for a small car. It's my work truck, I have seriously fit a 32"X80" door into it just fine. Half dozen 2X4's no problem. Can get 7 5-gallon buckets and my tools.

my dream car...
By Gus on 04/17/06 09:01 AM (PDT)

It is all you need on a car!! Fast and reliable! Since I was a kid I was dreaming about the car!! The only problem: cops! they really chase you all around!! Audi's warranty is also awesome!! They really take care of you and your car!!

1 2 3 4 5 next »