2002 Audi TT Convertible Consumer Reviews

2002 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2002 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

View reviews for a specific TT model:
8 years & counting
By J. Wolfe on 07/11/10 05:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun to drive, love the 180 for around town drives because of the early & flat torque curve. It's as quick as the 225 for normal use for this reason (full torque @ 1950 rpm) & this is the last year for the true manual shift- which is a preferred feature for us- wanting a true old school style sports car. Burns Premium only. The trunk is roomy, AC is great. Had some minor issues- dip stick crumbled, cheap cd storage latch broke twice. We plan to keep this baby many years & are aware of timing belt issues that bear watching. It's a great sports car in the old tradition, but without the leaks & rattles of the old Brits.

Run, don't walk, away from this car
By wildchilds18 on 03/17/10 08:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car on 12/16/2009. In February 2010 I had to replace the front brakes for $600, timing belt and water pump for $1,000. Now in March, The temp gauge sensor is not working ($115), fuel gauge sensor is not working ($650), the center display on dash is starting to go out ($1,800), throw out bearing is starting to go out ($2,000), brake lights keep getting stuck on, and last but not least it eats oil.

What a car!
By Marty Zess on 09/01/09 04:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is not the first sports car that I have owned but, it could be the best. The turbo charged 4 cylinder is a great engine and really pushes the car around. The convertible adds that extra touch that makes the car a real pleasure to drive. I love the handling of the car through the turns of a winding road.

Best used car I have ever purchased
By tim on 04/30/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased used in Jan 07 in NY (I live FL), certified and only 19800 miles on car. No problems at all, runs great and I replaced the ugly rims with something that finishes the car much better than stock wheels. Averaged 28 miles to the gallon on trip back from NY... this car will be a classic one day.

Great fun drive
By VTN on 01/20/07 15:52 PM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Gets looks everywhere. In love with the turbo.Tremendous fun to drive. No comparison with the others. Very reliable and trouble free.

Already 12 service visits?
By Never German Again on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased this car new in Oct '02. Of course the interior and exterior design are unparalleled, the quality of the workmanship is something to be desired. Since new, I have been to the service dept. 12 times, all for petty things, such as blown speakers, stuck glovebox, new climate control unit, new instrument cluster, and many others. I love driving this car, but I expect better quality from such an elite marque. Guess I'll be buying a Lexus next time around.

granoley's TT
By granoley on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This has been a great, and fun car and would recomend it highly. The smiles and looks you get are also quite nice.

Better than Porsche
By lou marinucci on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After shopping the Z3 and the Boxter, I chose the TT. 65,000 miles later I know I made the right choice. Much more confortable,with lots of features the others do not have, gorgeous interior, all wheather usability, and almost the same performance. Gets looks everywhere. Tremendous fun to drive. No comparison with the others.Very reliable and trouble free after 65,000 miles! A truly great car.

Audi's Suck
By Audi'd on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My vehicle has been in for service 48 days and is not yet 2 years old intermitently does not start-dealership cannot find problem. Sway bars replaced 3 times, stereo replaced- insturment cluster failed,CD player had to be replaced- build quality is crap- DO NOT BUY-Mercedes,BMW,Infinity first-many electrical problems-I am having to sue Audi-Audi corp policy- THEY DO NOT REPURCHASE THERE VEHICLES- YOU DO HAVE TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO SUE THEM- not smart for a car company that wants to retain it customers- and really bad policy!!! So Cal Audi rep should be fired!!!

Audi TT - CA Lemon Law Works!
By Mikesaudi on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi TT Convertible 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Replaced turbo, sway bars, dash computer twice, drivers seat and horn - 14 WEEKS+ in service. Burns 1 quart oil every 900 miles. Rear suspension creaks over uneven surfaces such as speed bumps, driveway entrances. I requested the Audi service manager and Audi Factory 800# to set-up a meeting with the local Audi Factory Rep it never materialized. After 20 months of run-around, I hired an attorney and WON my case using the CA Lemon Law. Audi agreed to repurchase the car including tax, license. Bottom line: The Audi Factory rep that handles Torrance, CA area - should be terminated his/her non-response is the only reason I hired the attorney.