2001 Audi TT Consumer Review: WAY too many maintenance issue

2001 Audi TT - Consumer Review

225hp quattro Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

WAY too many maintenance issues
By Former TT lover on

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this TT since February of 2002, and I would estimate that I've already had to take it into the dealer to be repaired at least 30 times - and this is not an exaggeration. It's a fun car with good styling but if I had to do it all over again, I'd buy a different car. Inflated european repair costs aside, it's a royal pain to have to bring this car to the dealership over & over again. There weren't many comparable options when I bought my TT...but now that there are, I'm planning to sell mine and buy a japanese sports car instead so that I can spend more time driving it and less time leaving it at a repair shop.

Great styling, good handling, VERY comfortable seats, good-sounding Bose audio system.

Buy a different car. This car badly needs reliability. Because Audi was trying to be so artistic with this car, it's also a pain to do even the smallest thing, such as putting on the spare tire.