2001 Audi TT Consumer Review: Fun Car - Very Poor Reliabilit

2001 Audi TT - Consumer Review

225hp quattro Convertible (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Fun Car - Very Poor Reliability
By Justin on

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my car with 30,000 miles. At 40,000 miles (5 yrs old) all the problems started. Alternator went bad, serpentine belt replaced four times, tensioner replaced, air sensor, fuel gage gives incorrect reading. I always have preventative work done to prevent timing belt issues (common). The car is very fun to drive and well engineered. My newer Infiniti doesn't have all the special features that Audi crammed into this little car. The top goes up and down in about six seconds so I'm never caught in the rain. Having been a Honda/Toyota owner I am disappointed in the reliability of the Audi since it has broken down four times in six years.

Quick operating convertible top. Best in class interior. Fun handling and powerplant - perfect for country roads. Smooth clutch.

Reliability needs significant improvement. I would only buy a new Audi since a used one can be a repair nightmare. It could not be used for a daily driver imo.