2001 Audi TT 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Can't believe it

2001 Audi TT - Consumer Review

225hp quattro Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Can't believe it
By carguy on

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have read every review, looked at so many different cars and got lucky enough to find this one. I had heard of problems with the car, but in the 6 years that we have had it, it is the best car I ever owned. Knock on wood, frequent oil changes and a timing belt change have been my only expenses. It gets great mileage, is all wheel drive and can haul plenty of stuff. I now have 142,000 miles on it and it looks as good as the day we picked it up from the dealership. When I tell people the how old it is, they cannot believe. I have had a Boxster, miata, Nissan 350Z and this is still my favorite. Is it the fastest or best handling, no, but it looks great and performs well.

Favorite Features

Interior fit and finish sets the bar for all other manufacturers. I still have the original floor mats because they were made so well. The stereo is also very good. The entire interior layout is perfect. Everything is at your finger tips and has a purpose.

Suggested Improvements

Would absolutely love to see the baseball stitching available for the coupe.
By navykiller
on 03/19/13 07:54 AM (PDT)

how do you prefer this to a miata? or the boxster even...