2001 Audi TT 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Disappointing & Unreliable

2001 Audi TT - Consumer Review

180hp quattro Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

Disappointing & Unreliable
By msjoanne on

2001 Audi TT 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought my TT certified/pre-owned. Enjoyed the car for almost a year and then the saga began. Towed to the dealership at least 3 times ($200 a pop), had to take it in for oil and coolant leaks twice, had to flush cooling system 3 times, overheating issues, mass flow air sensor broke, immobilizer for keyless remote needed to be reprogrammed, ac stopped working, fan broke, speed sensor broke 1 mile after leaving service. These weren't even general maintenance!! Can't believe I had to waste so much time and energy for this car.

Favorite Features

I thought the body of the car was definitely unique and the interior was also quite pleasing.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger windows. I had to turn drink holders sideway's at drive throughs to get it in the car. I also thought it was too much of a challenge to get your drink in and out of the cupholders because it's in such an odd spot. Also, why put in back seats if you have to be 4'11" to sit comfortably.