Used 2001 Audi TT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

TT Has Been a Super Car
By S Stangl

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my TT since 2001, and still love to drive it. The styling still gets nods of approval from people in the street, the styling really is unique. Overall I have been happy with the car, it does have a few interior squeaks here and there, and some minor electrical issues occurred, but it's a very solid car.

Interior is good, exterior looks and syling are my favorite feature. Power is adequate. I don't need to go 175MPH, 145MPH is enough.

1st gear is really short, and like everyone else, I think that the cup holders and trunk are not the best. One other thing, the painted bottom door jams get scuffed up easily and should have an inset of aluminum or something there instead of paint.

Great car! 225 hp prob. better choice
By 01 roadster covt 1.8

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my Audi TT drives smooth, you only have to have maintenance every 10k miles There is one problem that upsets me about the car, it seems there is something loose on the driver side. When you hit let's say a pot hole or something or even just cruising it's like a creaking sound very annoying. Overall excellent car, it's a head turner, Especially with the top down, its quick and reliable. Oh I wish there was an in-dash cd (would make life a little easier.) Other than that LOVE IT!!!!

Hmmm... the wind breaker when the top is down... and auto window not only down but up too!! and of course the heated seats....oh and the stereo tells you what song is playing on the radio station real cool.

Fix the loose bolts or whatever that is and add an in-dash cd player w/6 changer. Add volume control on steering wheel. :)

Emotional Attachment
By gepetoh

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2001 Audi TT at the time was by far the biggest head turner of all cars not named Ferrari or Lamborghini, and it cost a heck of a lot less. The driving experience is superb due to the way it makes me feel, rather than the individual parts. The TT is by no means a performance ace. There is noticeable turbo lag, and it goes 0-60 in 7.5 or so, but it feels faster. Its lateral grip is excellent, although not comparable to the sportier Porsche Boxster or Honda S2000. Overall, the car feels sportier than it actually is. The real winner is the design, both internally and externally. There are some creaks that are rather annoying at times, however, and I had to take it in for two minor and one major service.

Baseball Optic seats are beautiful, as are the chrome accented vents. The car's design is absolutely flawless inside and out.

I hope, four years later, they tightened up on the creaky bolts. An in-dash CD player would have been nice.

new to me
By britvin

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love the car. It is the perfect car for Hawaii. Only had a problem with the sensor for the top. The light stayed on constantly and the Audi dealership (in Waikiki) got it right in and fixed the problem. Still under the warranty so time in the shop (1/2 day) was free.

The body of the car. Love the shape and size.

Like everyone else-- bigger trunk. Not alot of space to put anything in.

Art on wheels
By David_G

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have shared this car with my son-in-law for the past 4 years. We both loved it. While not the greatest in acceleration, the car has a fun and looks rating higher than anything either of us have driven in the last 50 years. Don't buy one if you need lots of cargo room but that is what sport utes are for, not sports cars.

Appearance - a piece of art on wheels.

Slightly larger trunk (for golf clubs). Better "top up" visibility.