2001 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Best Car Ever
By kudzu on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After having owned a BMW 635 and BMW M5 I have found the TT Quattro Coupe with 225hp engine the best all around car for racing and commuting I have ever owned. I have driven 1200 miles in a day and felt very relaxed and comfortable at the end of the day. I have driven it on a road course and had the tires squealing all the way around the track and the very next day driving around neighborhoods looking at landscaping. Just absolutely amazing.

Zero defects over 18 months & 17000 mile
By scoTT on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Perhaps the most practical sports car in the market. Folding down the rear seats and opening the hatch of my coupe allowed me to transport a 25" TV (in the sales box!) Incredibly comfortable seats and quiet cabin, as proven in a 28-hour trip (2 drivers). Highly responsive steering and braking. Automated HVAC rapidly cools car from 100F and heats almost as fast from 10F. HID lighting is the best I've experienced in a stock system. The quattro system with Dunlop Winter Sport tyres make you scoff at snow storms (try that in a Boxster or M3). This is my 6th Audi (and 2nd TT) since 1975 and the best of the bunch.

Fun
By long time owner on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a fun car. I don't know what people are complaining about--it's a sports car. It's small! It's not a Caddy. It's going to be hard to get into. My big problem in 15000 miles is a seat belt that catches and squeeking windshield wipers, both fixed immediately. My dealer, Premier Motors in Albuquerque, has been terriffic. No problems with their service at all. I'm very happy with my TT. I wouldn't trade it for anyting else.

TT= Tempermental transportation!
By Bergie on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned the car for less than a year and it has been in the shop 2 1/2 weeks. Audi has replaced the electronic central locking system, the instrument cluster twice (it is still not working properly), both horns, both window motors, the turbo bi valve, and had to fix many rattles and creaks. I love the car but am quite frustrated with it and I doubt if I can afford to keep it past the warranty period. This was going to be my dream car but it has turned into a nightmare. The Audi corporation is virtually no help. I am glad I have a good dealer. They are as frustrated as I am with the problems of the car. Great design, poor e

Dissappointed
By bobing on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the style and design and the interior touches. Too bad you have to be a contortionist to get in and out of the car. The seats are unconfortable, the cup holders useless, and the suspension creaks like an old lady every time you go over a speed bump at 3 MPH. Someone tried to steal my car ( too bad they didn't succeed). The ignition system was dammaged. It only took 2 months to get a duplicate coded key from the Audi factory - all the way in Germany. It cost me $2,000 in rental car fees waiting for the parts. But a BMW 5 series and forget the TT- or make me an offer and yo can have a silver 225 turbo. Fire sale!

Solid, great all-around car!
By Cardude on 02/26/02 02:06 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Pros: Power 2200-5800 rpm, tight handling, killer brakes, gorgeous style, solid feel, safe, AWD, flashing brights back at people who think HID's are high-beams. Cons: Less balanced than a Boxster, loses power 6000+ rpm, limited visibility, rain water on rear window, no CD player standard in a $38000 car, cupholder placement (all these are niggles). MountainScott, the car is a single turbo NOT a twin-turbo. TT does not stand for twin turbo. "Go in knowing what you're getting," as you say.