Used 2001 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2001 Audi TT Coupe

View reviews for a specific TT model:

A REAL 10!
By tt225driver

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving an Audi TT 225 Quattro Coupe for almost three years now. I have had nothing but pleasure from it! Not a single problem other than those I caused myself by driving too fast! It corners like it is on rails! Everyone loves it. I get 28 mpg, driving like a fool most of the time.

Favorite Features

The looks, handling, and performance are unbeatable, but the way it handles the snow and ice surprised even me. It is like a snow plow!

Suggested Improvements

None required!

style
By britracing

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

only owned a short time so i know nothing of reliablility, but the interior and exterior are a knockout.

Favorite Features

the auto climate control is great

Suggested Improvements

wish there was a change tray.

a Porsche Speedster for Less $$$$$
By Docolater

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought the car new to be a winter vehicle in addition to my Porsche(hense the Quattro and coupe choices) 911.I feel that this car is actually close to the air cooled 911s more so than the new water cooled Porsches.The TT makes u feel special each time you drive it.Just like the 911. No other car makes u feel so fantastic!!!!!!

Favorite Features

I love the short windows, where u peer out at the world,perfect lines both Interior and exterior,and High quality materials!!

Suggested Improvements

Better electrical suppliers to Audi!!!! (lots of gremlins)The car is great, and support is great from Audi of America. (dealership level needs a lot of improvment from follow up, customer care, and fault finding diagnostics ..are u listenting Audi USA??????

Little Bump Expensive Repairs
By JimDave

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a great car to drive, just make sure you don't bump any wheel stops in Mall parking lots. My little bump is going to cost $1,500 to fix. I had a Z3 and didn't have this problem.

Favorite Features

The whole car except the front nose.

Suggested Improvements

Make the nose of the car stronger so a 1 mph bump with a wheel stop doesn't cost $1,500.

Fun, when it's not broken
By nappyskbrocks

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was so excited when I bought my TT! Great looks, 225hp and all wheel drive what more could I ask for? How about a car that can run more than a few weeks without something going wrong with it. I have had nothing but problems with my TT!! Some of the problems include: chronic noise/rattles, front-end problems so severe that after four visits they finally replaced everything to remedy the original problem, anti- lock brake problems, turbo problems, oil leaks and even the CD changer broke. All of this and only 26000 miles. The best $40,000.00 I ever spent (sarcasm)I should have bought four Hyundai's! Don't make the same mistake I made....... avoid Audi!!

Favorite Features

Great appearance, all wheel drive and peppy!!

Suggested Improvements

Quality quality quality and reliabilty!!