Used 2001 Audi TT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2001 Audi TT Convertible

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Looks great on the flatbed.
By TTerrible

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Problems too numerous to list but Audi 1.8T motors have well known timing belt failure issues that cause major engine damage. Failure typically occurs well before 90,000 service interval. research A4 class action lawsuit. Expensive to buy, insure, maintain and, most of all, repair. Too many computer chips and sensors that fail regularly. I have been left stranded on the roadside twice in 6 months by serious mechanical failures that were expensive to repair. Don't buy one as a primary vehicle. Definitely don't buy one used. Better yet, don't buy one at all. I have owned mine for two years and it has had 5 or 6 significant repairs that required me to drive a loaner or rental car for a few days

Favorite Features

Stylish looks while stranded on side of road. Heated seats. Responsive handling. Bright, rugged hazard blinkers which is good because they will see a lot of use.

Hot, stylish ride
By drandolph

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've loved this car since the day I bought it. Cruising through winding mountain roads with the top down can be a thrill or a pleasure depending on the weight of my foot. And to get great gas mileage (30 mpg) is the icing on the cake. Fun, fun, fun.

Favorite Features

exterior and interior style, quality of engineering and construction, ride, gas mileage

TT Roadster
By TT Roadster

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I went from a 1992 BMW 318I convertable to the Audi TT. My wife and I were in the market for a sport convertable and we fell in love with the ride, performance and just plain fun of driving this car. The car has been very reliable and trouble free. I will definitely buy another one when it's time to replace this car.

Favorite Features

Convertible, stereo system and power.

Suggested Improvements

Put the cup holders in a more convienent location.

Love my TT
By jillysue

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the most fun I have had driving, ever. I look forward to an hour commute back and forth to work when I can drive the Audi. The handling is exceptional. I never have a worry.

Favorite Features

I love the handling and the acceleration repsonse.

Looks Looks Looks !!!
By Genco

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car about 6 months ago Certified Used and i LOVE it ! The best part is that you are driving a car that is great looking and very rare so people look at you and your car and they don't know what kind it is and admire. Superb handling, good performance (not an M3), do 100 mph and you won't notice it.

Favorite Features

Convertible Top, Styling,handling and turbo power.

Suggested Improvements

Burns 1qt of oil every 1000 miles or so and dealer said it was normal !(asked several dealers), this is the roughest car i owned and this is not fun especialy when you go over bumps! Bose system is ok but need more bass when the top is open.