2001 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Modified TT Rag
By CarlC on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First off, this is my second TT. My first, was a Black 225 Coupe. I loved it. I drove it 50K miles in the first year and sold it to buy the Roadster. I was able to find a leftover 2001 225 in silver. I have since dropped the car an inch using Eibach Springs and added 18" wheels. I have also installed an Alpine Head Unit featuring XM radio. I have not had any issues with the car. It is solid and fun to drive. It's looks are unique and striking. Kudos to Audi!

Audi TT
By gharrower on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

While it isn't a Porsche, it's a great sports car. And living in the Midwest I love it in the winter...with winter snow tires I've never had a problem with snow; it's as sure footed as a mountain goat. With Z rated summer tires it's more fun to drive than anything I've been in before.

Awesome Roadster
By fischetg on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is one awesome vehicle! I appreciate the feeling of control driving under all weather conditions. With the baseball glove leather seats, the interior is a work of art. Fuel economy is about 30MPG on the highway and it is quite the head-turner. This is my third Audi, and reliability has been outstanding with all three cars.

Vehicle as Art
By Holloway12 on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My Audi TT has the baseball glove interior, xenon headlights, and special wheels. The overall effect is unlike any vehicle in its price range for artful syling. I test drove the Porsche Boxster but was VERY disappointed in the interior styling. I wanted a vehicle that would provide me a wonderful driving experience along with a beautiful/artistic interior. The Audi TT Quattro convertible provided me both thse characteristics I sought.

great ca
By ttone on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

have owned everything: ferrari, porsche, bmw, mercedes...this is the best of the lot. Most fun without the service hassles, and the easiest to drive. Excellent above 80mph.

STILL IN LOVE
By WEBSCRAMBLER on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Well.....I looked at them all (Boxter,Z3,BMW 330,Honda S2000,MB,Saab 93,Volvo C70 even the Solera). My first love was the Boxter (I didn't fit in it - I'm 6'3") second choice Solera (I have a wife and two teenagers,,,and Toyotas last forever) but it was so boring. Next was the BMW 330c. Great car at way too much $. Honda S2000,,too small BUT THE AUDI TT IS PERFECT!!!! Great combination Style,performance ,service and value

180hp front drive convertile
By Grimmond on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a pleasure to drive. The thing I like most about it is strangely the interior. Everything feels rock solid and precisely designed. I'm 6'1" and still everything is in just the right place. It feels just as solid on the road whether hitting a twisty mountain backroad, or at speeds of 130mph (and still felt like there was plenty left despite hitting the speed limiter). It's quiet too, even with the top down and at high speed. This is simply the most stylish and fun sports car currently on the market for the price. I'm in love. (my wallet isn't though)

Munches Auto Glass
By GlassMan on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

On hot days (100+ degrees), windshield cracked from passenger side (just at the dash) across the field. Parked and reading newspaper. Two cokes and three newspapers later, heard a muffled "piff". Looked up to see crack grow 4-5 inches. Temp 102+. Month later, car parked for about a week (drove beater to work every day). Had a 100+ day. Found crack growing from the same spot as before. My new friend, the auto glass man, confirmed increased TT business in the area... A couple of weeks later, the glass man returned for his third visit. Hot day, car parked. Design flaw? Crummy glass? Bum installation? Body flex?

super high tech performer
By jdipoalasr on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had only two minor mechanical problems repaired under warranty with excellent customer service to include a free loaner until completed.

The Best
By MaryBishop on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Folks I have owned many sports cars and this is a real winner - no problems - all fun!!!!!!!!