Used 2001 Audi TT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Audi TT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Smooth TT
By Smooth TT

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My Audi TT is joy to drive! I purchased my TT in Mar 2006 with 36,000 miles. The handling is amazing! The turbo lag takes getting use to; however, once you master the intricacies of driving the TT you will truly enjoy the full driving experience.

I love the exterior and interior design. I am sure that my car will become a collector’s item one day.

I suggest that Audi provide more quality control and/or a longer warranty to the owners, especially those that are having problems with their TT.

Lot's of Fun!
By Bullitt

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This may be the best used car I've ever bought. Like another ad I saw recently, when I turn this car on, THIS one definitely returns the favor. Lots of fun in Quattro. Solid fun in the curves, rain, & snow. Compliments are plenty. I haven't had any bad maintenence issues yet. My only complaint is oil leaks. I suggest changing the timing belt early at 60K, along with the oil seals, water pump, etc. Then drive it another 60K like you stole it!

Turbocharged fun! Changed the DV for smoothness. Paint and interior finish for an older car is nice. Overall great touring package.

Boost power to 300 hp. Consider adding wings.

Amazing in all weather
By LL

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got the TT in may, loving the summer usability, and the AWD makes it drivable year round. I am in Colorado and we have had a BAD winter so far this year, and I have not had a single day I had any trouble! Wonderful all around, I couldn't have picked a better car!

AWD and the convertible. I like the single top latch as opposed to most manufacturers double latches.

Fun Car, Expensive to Maintain
By TT

2001 Audi TT Convertible 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car, fun to drive, looks great, but there have been many repair issues, far more than I would have expected for this level of car.

Convertable - I will never have a coupe again!

More quality control and/or a longer warrantee

A mint condition Audi sports car
By CHUCK HUGHES

2001 Audi TT Convertible 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fun to drive with a "turbo" boost. It looks like a new one and drives like one also. New snow tires make this all wheel drive one that goes in the winter unlike some sports cars you need to park for 6 months. Total original miles is 23,400. Garage kept makes it a Beauty!

The Ragtop and Turbo charged engine, along with many of the regular amenities that go along with all Audi vehicles, create a desire to own this sports car. It's Fun to drive especially in the summer. Low mileage makes this one of a kind. The silver color with the black top keeps makes heads turn.

If I keep this car, a set of summer tires will need to be purchased.