2001 Audi TT Coupe Consumer Reviews 3

2001 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2001 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

View reviews for a specific TT model:
A REAL 10!
By tt225driver on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving an Audi TT 225 Quattro Coupe for almost three years now. I have had nothing but pleasure from it! Not a single problem other than those I caused myself by driving too fast! It corners like it is on rails! Everyone loves it. I get 28 mpg, driving like a fool most of the time.

style
By britracing on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

only owned a short time so i know nothing of reliablility, but the interior and exterior are a knockout.

a Porsche Speedster for Less $$$$$
By Docolater on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought the car new to be a winter vehicle in addition to my Porsche(hense the Quattro and coupe choices) 911.I feel that this car is actually close to the air cooled 911s more so than the new water cooled Porsches.The TT makes u feel special each time you drive it.Just like the 911. No other car makes u feel so fantastic!!!!!!

Little Bump Expensive Repairs
By JimDave on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a great car to drive, just make sure you don't bump any wheel stops in Mall parking lots. My little bump is going to cost $1,500 to fix. I had a Z3 and didn't have this problem.

Fun, when it's not broken
By nappyskbrocks on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was so excited when I bought my TT! Great looks, 225hp and all wheel drive what more could I ask for? How about a car that can run more than a few weeks without something going wrong with it. I have had nothing but problems with my TT!! Some of the problems include: chronic noise/rattles, front-end problems so severe that after four visits they finally replaced everything to remedy the original problem, anti- lock brake problems, turbo problems, oil leaks and even the CD changer broke. All of this and only 26000 miles. The best $40,000.00 I ever spent (sarcasm)I should have bought four Hyundai's! Don't make the same mistake I made....... avoid Audi!!

ettp
By ettp on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The TT is not the most extreme performer in its class, but it does more things well at once than any competitor. It can keep up with 99% of sports cars on the tight twisties, but it is also a pleasure to drive for hundreds of miles and many hours on end. It is also the only car in its class that is likely to end up in an art museum for its design alone. Put this all together and no other car comes close.

Fun car, but more rattles than a maraca
By BillinCO on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I loved, absolutely loved my Audi TT. Great ride, handled beautifully, absolutely WONDERFUL performance with the 225 HP 1.8T - I never had a moment where I wished the car had MORE power. Grip was wonderful in the snow, the interior design was absolutely classic. However, I eventually had to sell it due to just too many recurring rattles that made it feel like you were driving a vehicle much cheaper than you were.

TT coupe quattro
By lesli on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car was and continues to be a real head turner. Extremely fun to drive. A very sure-footed ride that hugs the curves.

Funsville, USA
By abruzzi on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The turbo and the quattro the key to the performance. It leaps between 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Cruises effortlessly at 90- 95 in 5th. And takes long mountain curves at 90+ like its nailed to the road. Was going to buy the classic silver, if I got it new, but then saw the new colors; this one is denim blue, or as I prefer VOODOO BLOO. Plan to rechip it to take HP from 225 to 265, add a diverter valve to get rid of turbo lag, and may redo the air intake and exhaust. Am actually trying to find a way to race this thing. Any ideas out there????

best
By everso on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

this is the best car in the world. bar none.