2001 Audi TT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
TT Quattro Coupe
By 2 Dr. quatto Turbo A on 02/09/06 01:19 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the most wonderful car on the road. It rates, to me, first class in everything. Drive one for yourself. The price is worth the car. I constantly have strangers come up to me and ask what kind of car it is.

Solid and fun but won't satisfy purists
By Derek on 06/19/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car feels incredibly solid and tank-like. This and other heavy hardware make for a heavy car. Handling is tight but understeers too much and doesn't transmit enough feel, same can be said for the steering and brakes. The engine is a mixed bag... truly fantastic midrange power from 2200-5500rpm, but gutless outside of that range when the turbo is not at full boost at low rpm and inefficient at high rpm, also MUCH less power in hot weather - not a true sports car engine really. Great gas mileage, 30mpg sometimes, averaging 25mpg. Interior is very nice, but no standard CD player and the seatbelts are very hard to reach. Overall a solid car that's fun to about 80% of its potential.

Great bang for the buck...
By bad_mecha on 01/17/05 00:12 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After deciding to replace my VW, I decided to try and get one of my 'dream-cars," the Audi TT. Speaking with friends and trying their cars, combined with familarity with the A4 convinced me to research the Audi further. After two months of research and hunting down the exact color, mileage, and price, and I couldn't be happier (do the hunt, it's worth it in the end to get the exact ride you want). You really can find this car at the right price. The car is an unbelievable value, it's fast, torquey, handles like a dream, corners like its on rails, is comfortable, and just looks awesome. Everybody looks twice at this car, even if they're looking at your taillights as you pull away.

2001 Audi TT - Great Car
By RTK TT on 12/24/04 00:19 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have received tons of compliments on my 2001 Audi TT 225 quattro since I first purchased it. This car is four years old now and I still get looks in it. It delivers great performance with its 225HP twin intercooled turbo, 5V per cyl engine. Witrh the all wheel drive, it has it all.

Great car to own, though has some quirks
By Howardsg on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned several Audi's, and come to believe that design is more important than quality from this manufacturer. Don't get me wrong, this car is more fun to drive than any I have ever owned. However, it rattles a bit and could have used more time getting all the kinks out before production. Audi does not admit they made a mistake, just that their car's have "certain characteristics".

Mixed bag... :(
By back_to_BMW on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Awesome car if you approach it as a nice looking sporty car! Far from a real sports car. My 16 year old M3 can run circles around it except in a straight line!!! Resale value makes me want to never get an Audi ever. My first and last Audi ever. Fun while it lasted, but I can't afford to buy a car at $40K and sell it at $16K every 3 years. Much better value as a used car!!!!

Better all the time
By sansail on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's been 3 years since I bought my TT and I am very pleased, overall. My green TT is dependable, comfortable, smooth, hip, fun and fast. It is still the best looking car on the road and the interior still delights. I put on 4 snows in the winter and she's a great all weather (snow) car. She's quick off the line and it'll cruise comfortably at 120 if I'm so inclined. It'll go 140 if you're crazy. Plus... kids love it and I have gotten accustomed to kids at red lights calling to me about my great car.

Just Plain Fun
By TonyG on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Having owned many Amercian made muscle cars and sports cars, the ride, performance and styling of the Audi has made me in a convert to German made cars only!

Not what I expected
By jgmualumni on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car less than 1 year and I'm already selling it. In that time the Mass Air flow sensor malfunctioned, the instrument cluster died, the remote works when it wants, and the dealer stripped my oil drain plug and blamed it on my local mechanic. I won't be buying another Audi.

Great Car
By smfatf on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT Coupe 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive, maintenance free, and great design. Only issue with vehicle was power at lower speeds. The new 250HP models fixes this.