Used 2001 Audi TT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Art on wheels
By David_G

2001 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have shared this car with my son-in-law for the past 4 years. We both loved it. While not the greatest in acceleration, the car has a fun and looks rating higher than anything either of us have driven in the last 50 years. Don't buy one if you need lots of cargo room but that is what sport utes are for, not sports cars.

Appearance - a piece of art on wheels.

Slightly larger trunk (for golf clubs). Better "top up" visibility.

Better all the time
By sansail

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's been 3 years since I bought my TT and I am very pleased, overall. My green TT is dependable, comfortable, smooth, hip, fun and fast. It is still the best looking car on the road and the interior still delights. I put on 4 snows in the winter and she's a great all weather (snow) car. She's quick off the line and it'll cruise comfortably at 120 if I'm so inclined. It'll go 140 if you're crazy. Plus... kids love it and I have gotten accustomed to kids at red lights calling to me about my great car.

Styling, rear-seat fold down storage, quattro, electronic stabilization, feel and look of interior materials, intelligent controls (auto window up), comfortable seats, high speed handling, quiet, image

1) With TT plate covering radio, can't adjust volume... need volume controls on wheel, 2) Bigger sub-woofer on Bose stereo; 3) More power (the 225hp is just adequate, 4) A sunroof would be nice

Just Plain Fun
By TonyG

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Having owned many Amercian made muscle cars and sports cars, the ride, performance and styling of the Audi has made me in a convert to German made cars only!

The styling of the vechicle is its strongest feature.

The handling is a little loose, I would like a bit more predicability

So much fun!
By wmjwood

2001 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I used to have a Miata many years ago and went through two JEEP Grand Cherokees before going back to a convertible, but I absolutely love the TT. It is so much fun to drive and amazingly, it is much bigger than I had expected. There are a ton of hidden compartments and storage spaces. I am a big fan of the safety features in this car as well as the fact that it gets great gas mileage (well, compared to a JGC). :)

Love the design, the space, the mechanics, the hidden cd changer behind the driver's seat.

None.

Concept Car Brought To Life
By JAHRMB

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is one of the most beuatiful cars to ever roll off the assembly line. The interior (especially with the baseball optic leather) is flat-out gorgeous! This car, while not a hard- core sports car, can still deliver 85% of the performance of a Prosche 911 S4 Cabriolet at less than 1/2 the price - and it has a better interior with more room for front passengers. Much better overall car than Z4 or SLK. Better ergonimics than Boxster or 911. More room and better performance than Miata. Best bang for the buck - all things considered.

Interior design. Exterior design. Quattro AWD. Handling is good - very neutral. Brakes are excellent - wonderflly progressive feel. Quality of interior materials is superb. If it looks like aluminum it is aluminum (not silver colored plastic)!

Trunk is too small - especially since the tonneau cover is manual and takes up space when the top is up. Top should be lined on the interior.