2001 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
TT= Tempermental transportation!
By Bergie on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned the car for less than a year and it has been in the shop 2 1/2 weeks. Audi has replaced the electronic central locking system, the instrument cluster twice (it is still not working properly), both horns, both window motors, the turbo bi valve, and had to fix many rattles and creaks. I love the car but am quite frustrated with it and I doubt if I can afford to keep it past the warranty period. This was going to be my dream car but it has turned into a nightmare. The Audi corporation is virtually no help. I am glad I have a good dealer. They are as frustrated as I am with the problems of the car. Great design, poor e

Great Car!!!
By LovemyTT on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have owned my TT Roadster for almost 1 year. 225 HP, Quattro model. During the year have logged over 20,000 miles with absolutely no problems. Constantly asked by people in the parking lots about the car. It is a eye-catcher. Acceleration is great, though I wish first gear was a bit longer. Handles like no other car I have owned (though the Z-rated Pilot Sports only made it 18,000 miles). Interior room is better than you might think. I am 6-1 and no problems with comfort or fatigue. Have taken a 5 hour trip in the car and could have gone for a few more hours.

the real TT review
By TT in hawaii on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

FYI: TT stands for "Tourist Trophy" Out of the many choices i had (S2000, Boxter, SLK 320, and Z3 3.0) the audi proved to be the winner. Nothing beets the all wheel drive quattro system, in no other car, i have i felt so incontrol (everychance i get, while in the pouring rain, ill speed up, rather than slow down. Let her rip. To hear the turbo spoon and the exhaust roar, makes others wonder, "Is that stock?" Audi seems to be the hidden treasure in the automotive industry. But all it takes is one test drive and you'll be sold.

TT Roadster
By cliff on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love my car. Drive it everywhere, all the time. Never put the top up.

Dissappointed
By bobing on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi TT 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the style and design and the interior touches. Too bad you have to be a contortionist to get in and out of the car. The seats are unconfortable, the cup holders useless, and the suspension creaks like an old lady every time you go over a speed bump at 3 MPH. Someone tried to steal my car ( too bad they didn't succeed). The ignition system was dammaged. It only took 2 months to get a duplicate coded key from the Audi factory - all the way in Germany. It cost me $2,000 in rental car fees waiting for the parts. But a BMW 5 series and forget the TT- or make me an offer and yo can have a silver 225 turbo. Fire sale!

Love it!
By citygator on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT 225hp Quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car! Love the ride and the interior. Great looks!

Solid, great all-around car!
By Cardude on 02/26/02 02:06 AM (PST)

2001 Audi TT 180hp Quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Pros: Power 2200-5800 rpm, tight handling, killer brakes, gorgeous style, solid feel, safe, AWD, flashing brights back at people who think HID's are high-beams. Cons: Less balanced than a Boxster, loses power 6000+ rpm, limited visibility, rain water on rear window, no CD player standard in a $38000 car, cupholder placement (all these are niggles). MountainScott, the car is a single turbo NOT a twin-turbo. TT does not stand for twin turbo. "Go in knowing what you're getting," as you say.