2000 Audi TT Consumer Review: Love It, Can't leave it.

2000 Audi TT - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Love It, Can't leave it.
By 2 Owner on

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

The Audi TT MK1 was designed to remind us of the Auto Union cars. It was a pure form with Bauhaus influence being key to its creation. I didn't originally agree with the design of the interior, but now I find it to be of such a quality that it puts most other automotive interiors to shame. The car is holding up well appearence wise. I maintain the car myself and find it's upkeep to be easy. I don't trust another mechanic working on my car. I've driven over eighty thousand milesa in my TT and it continues to run without any major events. Changed the timing belt at 66,000 miles. I've replaced the alternator once, the starter three times, the water pump once and other things. I still love it.

Aluminum inside the car. Any interior component that appears aluminum, is aluminum, billet and satin finished. Soft touch rubber on hand grabs. Bright white lighting on instrument cluster. Xenon lamps up front. laser welded joints. Aluminum hood. Retractable washer elements. Manual shifter.

Move engine to mid mounted. Make all TTs Quattro. Offer six speed trans again for sheer fun. Maintain turbo version. Move back styling to Bauhaus Auto Union influence. Less Like Da Silvas work. Too flamboyant.