2000 Audi TT Consumer Review: Sports car station wagon

2000 Audi TT - Consumer Review

quattro Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

Sports car station wagon
By Rich on

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This car continues to be fun to drive, even after eight years of ownership, the longest I have ever owned one vehicle. What I love most is that for me, it is the perfect compromise between sports car performance and practicality. I have driven it at Sears Point, the most fun I have ever had in two days. I would highly recommend attending track events with your Audi, it was a total blast. On the practical side, I love the outdoors and can stuff camping gear, and a foldable 14 foot kayak in the back (with the seats folded down) and still have sports car performance on the way. There isn't another coupe with this versatility on the market.

Styling, fold down rear seats, handling, solid feel, oh yes, and accelerating from a standing stop in the rain with a BMW in the next lane.

Forward vision, especially at stoplights. I often have to crane my neck to see the light if I am too close to an overhead light. It would be nice to have just a bit more room in the back seat so an occasional passenger could maybe ride sideways with their head upright.