2000 Audi TT 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - It's better than the editors

2000 Audi TT - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

It's better than the editors rate
By thompja53 on

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I bought the front wheel drive, 180 hp model. I don't drive it in snow so I opted for the cheap way out. It's deceptive. It seems really quick, but if you read the automotive reviews, they show it around 7 sec to 60. I think that's because of the "slow" shift from 1-2. If you're like me (middle aged, want a sporty car) then this is a good choice. The seats are a tad tight for someone of my weight (250) but at 6'2" this fits me fine. The base stereo stinks. I hate Bose's but if I get another I will opt for that or do a custom installation.

Favorite Features

The Looks. I really like the feeling of sitting low and the small side windows. The view inside reminds me of the old chopped top hotrods. Great acceleration on the interstate from 70 up.

Suggested Improvements

Drop the VW styled wheels, make 17" standard. Improve the base stereo. It should have more power than the "new" beetle (ticked me off when they put this engine in the beetle AND gave it a six speed for a whole lot less money). Six Speed is needed