2000 Audi TT Consumer Review: I Love My TT!!

2000 Audi TT - Consumer Review

quattro Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

I Love My TT!!
By nanadude on

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I'm a 57 yr. old grandmother & always desired a small sporty car. First time I saw a TT coupe on the road I fell in love with it. I sped up to get close enough to find out what it was. All I could think about was the cute curved shape. When I found out it had a small back seat that folded down to make extra room in the trunk, that was it for me. I had to be able to get all my "stuff" in the trunk for trips- luggage, golf clubs, etc. It was a yr before I drove the TT, all the time thinking to myself "this isn't going to be all I've dreamed of this past yr", but sure enough it was and much more. It's so peppy on acceleration and hugs the curves(quattro).

I love how people stop and ask me "what kind of car is that?" I like the fact that my TT is special, not many "Denim Blue" ones on the road. I test drove a Mazda Miata & Toyota MR2 before I got to test the TT. There was no comparison to handling, performance and romminess.

Dashboard rattles, rear cargo cover rattle. This past weekend I went on a short road trip and the fuel gauge started bouncing back and forth. To date, I haven't been impressed with any Audi service dept's performance so I hope this isn't going to be a problem.