Great!.. .but some 1st model yr bugs
By Capt Nemo on
2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD
The TT is incredibly fun to drive. The quattro provides great feel for the road at high passing speeds as well as in cornering. I expected to sacrifice some reliability in return for having a unique car the first few years, but Audi has had their problems coming to terms with how to satisfy their customers. Go to the audiTT forum website (use your search engine) and you'll see for yourself. I would recommend the 225jp version if power is your main desire, but the 180hp version can satisfy most. You won't find another car that looks as good for the $, so be willing to put up with a few service inconveniences. I love my TT.
Favorite Features
The interior and exterior design is absolutely unique and detailed. It is fast and responsive (except 1st-2nd shifting). It is a tight little rocket that suits my personality to a "TT".
Suggested Improvements
Fix 1st-2nd shifting...1st gear is too brief. 180hp version could stand a little more umph. Wheels are a bit boring, but now I'm being picky. Audi, come to grips with your early reliability problems and take care of your pioneering customers.