2000 Audi TT Consumer Review: Amazing Ride - When it's not i

2000 Audi TT - Consumer Review

quattro Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

Amazing Ride - When it's not in the shop
By aerobab on

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Wow...truley an impressive car! World-class styling (inside and out), great performance, a real head turner! I use this car for my every day vehicle and loathe the days when I can't drive it! It's a shame that I'll be getting rid of it soon, as I am unable to afford the monthly (sometimes bi-monthly) maintenance on it. Relatively simple repairs to unnecessary luxury features (i.e., headlight washers) should not cost $500!! I have only had repair work on these little nuisances...never anything major. The Certified Pre-Owned "warranty" offered by Audi is a load of garbage. The TT really is an awesome (initially affordable) toy to have...as long as you have deep pockets for repair!

Favorite Features

Cockpit design and insturmentation layout; performance and handling; still a "rare" car so it gets people's attention; above average fuel economy; spacious cargo area for a sport coupe.

Suggested Improvements

The 1.8L, 180hp turbo feels a bit weak when accelerating from a stop. Could also use a 6th gear. Back "seat" should just be called a "storage bench". Less paneling under the hood for easier "do it yourself" maintenance.