2000 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Great!.. .but some 1st model yr bugs
By Capt Nemo on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The TT is incredibly fun to drive. The quattro provides great feel for the road at high passing speeds as well as in cornering. I expected to sacrifice some reliability in return for having a unique car the first few years, but Audi has had their problems coming to terms with how to satisfy their customers. Go to the audiTT forum website (use your search engine) and you'll see for yourself. I would recommend the 225jp version if power is your main desire, but the 180hp version can satisfy most. You won't find another car that looks as good for the $, so be willing to put up with a few service inconveniences. I love my TT.

Driving the 2000 Audi TT
By Gary Stevens on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Really fun to drive. No mechanical problems. Excellent manouverability in traffic. People still remark about distinctive styling.

It works for me.
By adsmith on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

We LOVE this car. Bought it new 3/1/00 and have loved it ever since. Have had a few minor problems but nothing of any major concern. People still look at it like the piece of art it is. And it crosses all lines, it's loved by kids, seniors, black, white, young, old, whatever...everybody wants to know "what IS that???" And it is as much fun to drive today as it was two and a half years ago.

It's better than the editors rate
By thompja53 on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I bought the front wheel drive, 180 hp model. I don't drive it in snow so I opted for the cheap way out. It's deceptive. It seems really quick, but if you read the automotive reviews, they show it around 7 sec to 60. I think that's because of the "slow" shift from 1-2. If you're like me (middle aged, want a sporty car) then this is a good choice. The seats are a tad tight for someone of my weight (250) but at 6'2" this fits me fine. The base stereo stinks. I hate Bose's but if I get another I will opt for that or do a custom installation.

I Love My TT!!
By nanadude on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I'm a 57 yr. old grandmother & always desired a small sporty car. First time I saw a TT coupe on the road I fell in love with it. I sped up to get close enough to find out what it was. All I could think about was the cute curved shape. When I found out it had a small back seat that folded down to make extra room in the trunk, that was it for me. I had to be able to get all my "stuff" in the trunk for trips- luggage, golf clubs, etc. It was a yr before I drove the TT, all the time thinking to myself "this isn't going to be all I've dreamed of this past yr", but sure enough it was and much more. It's so peppy on acceleration and hugs the curves(quattro).

Audi TT Coupe
By Ron Lambert on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This with out question is the most fun car to drive. the quality & performance of this car is the best. I had this car for nearly 3 years now & had no problems.

Unbelievable Quality & Workmanship
By Jay1 on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Purchased car new in Feb 2000 and have put 26k miles on it since. I drive this car HARD and have had ZERO problems and no rattles or loose pieces. The car is assembled flawlessly with very high quality materials.

Volkswagen on Steroids
By Kaefer on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This car is for everyone who put a 356 Porsche engine into a VW Beetle to see how fast it would go and how many heads you could turn at a stop light. A very easy car to drive at high spped on the highway.

Still the one
By starange on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I have been driving my TT ( at every opportunity ) since May 99. I purchased it off of the floor at an auto show. I figuered as good as it looked, if it didn't drive well I would use it as a sculpture. As it turned out, nothing to worry about about, the ride is great, the music sounds great and the inside is as nice to look at as the exterior. If it is reliable over time, it will be a long while before I look for another car.

Owner
By Dee and J on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Flawless.. o9nly car I have not gotten tired of.. it's like a new car after 3 years.. just as much fun to drive each time.