2000 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
German Reliability?
By aceTT on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Just traded my TT in...a sad day, because it is one of the most attractive production cars I've seen. Too bad it spent so much time in the shop as it was certainly fun to drive. Good looks and performance though are only part of the equation. Nowadays, you expect a $30k to be designed and be well built. Maybe it was just my model but Consumers Report gives it the "thumbs down" for reliability as well. It was also a happy day, as my payments to the service department at Audi will cease.

fantastic TT coupe
By tqg4ply on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Purchased this car used at 47,000 miles and 2 years old. It has always started and run flawlessly without any maintenance problems whatsoever. Now at 50,000 miles it still drives and looks new. Although only 180 horsepower, it has sufficient power, so I would'nt bother chipping it - even though the chip would produce 225 HP at a very low price ! The only problem, if you can call it that, is I had to put on snow tires for NE snow. The standard tires are 17" high speed rated, so they are no good for snow. I highly recommend this entertaining coupe to anyone.

Fantastic Fun for all Seasons
By koelle.p on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I never expected to own a sports car but I could not resist the test drive. It was so much fun! The 180hp engine gives plenty of power to this small car, accelerating so fast that before you know it you have to slow down to the speed limit. The 4WD grabs the road on every turn and is really convenient an safe in the snow. The front seat is comfortable even for me (6'2"), which does not happen even in some SUVs. The biggest surprise was the trunk, much more space than I expected, luggage for 2 people is easy to accomodate. And on top of all: It is BEAUTIFUL! Necks turn to look at it all the time.

nice, but needs fixin'
By whippit on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

i bought this car as a certified pre- owned which included the extended warranty. good thing. the car has required regular car and attention and many parts have been replaced similar to the experience of other reviewers-- suspension, problems with alignment, etc. i have the same problem with the wheels and i am not convinced the wheels are ever balanced and aligned. the car is fun to drive, performs well on the road and is terrific for passing and moving up in the pack at high speed. shifting is tight and the clutch seems a bit "delicate" so shifting smoothly is not always easily.

Audi TT problems (car is not a turbo)
By kmiyara on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Within 5 months of purchasing this car I was left stranded on vacation. I was told the clutch was bad and I was not able to shift into any gear but 3rd. I had 2 clutches replaced and the transmission before it was finally repaired. In addition over the next 2 years the rear suspension was replaced, electronics for speedometer and the front windshield due to a stress crack. The low profile tires are terrible. Replaced a total of 8 tires before hitting 25000 miles. The wheels constantly get scratched since they protrude out from the tire. The area inside the gas cap gets plugged and when it rains the water is retained.

Really Nice Automobile.
By CashMorganLee on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

We purchased our TT used and have had no major problems. There is not a Audi dealership in Charleston, sc, yet, so we have to take it to Columbia, for service, and any warranty work. I agree with the other reviews. I love it on the interstate at about 85-90 mph. It always gets a few looks where ever we are.

audi tt
By tigra on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Bauhaus on wheels. Great syling, nice performance, lots of attention. Fun to drive and look at.

Audi TT - still the best
By jaz50y on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

As one of the earliest TT's, had some recalls and small failures, like window motors and cd changer, but all repairs have resulted in no follow-up problems. Still the best looking car on the road, still smells new inside, still a pleasure all the way around.

The Audi you'll remember
By JohnDoe120934 on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This might be the best car I've ever owned. A few minor issues - wheels seem to need to be 'aligned' a little to often. It handles very well, very very well. No complaints about horsepower - although I know a few people have. Seats are very comfortable and the interior and exterior are eye catchers everywhere you go.

Lemon
By Miki Smith on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

This Audi I bought was "Assured" and Certified! It was in the shop more than 15 times in one year! I have 2 friends with other Audi's and they have simular problems. Audi "Customer Care" wouldn't do anything since the Assured warranty went over 2 months before I called. They are so cute to look at, but a major pain in the &#@ to take care of.