Used 2000 Audi TT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Audi Tt - Consumer Reviews

2000 Audi TT

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Fun little car
By JeffE

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought a 2000 Quattro (29,000 miles) in 05/2005. I drive this car HARD and so far no problems except for the instrument cluster, but this seems to be rather common. This is a fun little car which has a lot of room (I am 6'2, 300), and fits the wife and dog just fine! I would like this little coupe to have some extra horses and a 6th gear, but it handles on rails. You CANNOT beat this car in the snow. I love zooming past the tahoe/jeep/escalade drivers in 10 inches of snow, and seeing the look on their faces! All in all a great car, as long as it holds up!!

Favorite Features

Styling, gas mileage, AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Better instrument clusters PLEASE!!! A little more power and a 6th gear.

Dream Car or Maintenance Nightmare?
By Parnelli

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Driving my dream car is great but owning it is not. Good thing I bought the extended warranty because I needed all I could squeeze out of it. If my money is going to Europe, I want to go with it so I'm selling my TT. I'll miss driving it and parking in sports car row but not the too-frequent trips to the dealer and the bite on my finances. And I'll stop twitching when the gas warning tone goes off because I think something else has gone wrong. This was my second German car and I'll never buy another one. Get AAA road service; you'll need it. Audi understands nothing about customer satisfaction or support.

Favorite Features

Handling, zippiness, cornering, fabulous styling, getting appreciative looks. In terms of style and performance, this car was great. I loved driving it from the start-up engine purr to the solid clunk of the closing door.

Suggested Improvements

Dependability is the big issue. TT needs power seats, noise control, reliable electronics, and better manufacturing overall. They cheaped out on features a car of this price should have standard

Great All Year Round!
By Chris

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I've owned 3 Audis in the past 5 years and the TT is by far the best. It's been practically fault-free. Those who complain about the maintenance should know better; when you buy a German car, be prepared to pay a lot when something breaks! This car is more VW than Audi, so parts are somewhat reasonably priced. If not for the size, I'd definitely go for another TT!

Favorite Features

Supportive seats, unique styling. A well-built sports car overall.

Suggested Improvements

None!

Just add snow...
By TypeA

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I traded in my BMW 740, so this was a huge change. This has been a great car overall. The 180 hp is much too slow, so I had to add a chip and the MTM performance package. Still too slow. I never appreciate my car more than when it snows, the TT Quattro is amazing in the snow and cold temperatures. You can't buy a German car and complain of the cost for repairs, it comes with the territory and although it's pricey you get what you pay for. Really wish I had gotten the 225hp!

Favorite Features

The best car I've ever driven in the snow. If you live in cold & snowy regions, have no fear. Upgraded chip, bigger tires, MTM suspension, and lowered 1.5" will draw more attention than any Bimmer.

Suggested Improvements

Buy the 225hp, the 180 hp is much too slow. Prepare to buy tires on a frequent basis. Loud cabin noise. For a small car it takes very long time to heat up & defrost in freezing temperatures. Problems with electrics in dash. Needs stereo upgrade.

Amazing Ride - When it's not in the shop
By aerobab

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Wow...truley an impressive car! World-class styling (inside and out), great performance, a real head turner! I use this car for my every day vehicle and loathe the days when I can't drive it! It's a shame that I'll be getting rid of it soon, as I am unable to afford the monthly (sometimes bi-monthly) maintenance on it. Relatively simple repairs to unnecessary luxury features (i.e., headlight washers) should not cost $500!! I have only had repair work on these little nuisances...never anything major. The Certified Pre-Owned "warranty" offered by Audi is a load of garbage. The TT really is an awesome (initially affordable) toy to have...as long as you have deep pockets for repair!

Favorite Features

Cockpit design and insturmentation layout; performance and handling; still a "rare" car so it gets people's attention; above average fuel economy; spacious cargo area for a sport coupe.

Suggested Improvements

The 1.8L, 180hp turbo feels a bit weak when accelerating from a stop. Could also use a 6th gear. Back "seat" should just be called a "storage bench". Less paneling under the hood for easier "do it yourself" maintenance.