2000 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
Fun little car
By JeffE on 09/11/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought a 2000 Quattro (29,000 miles) in 05/2005. I drive this car HARD and so far no problems except for the instrument cluster, but this seems to be rather common. This is a fun little car which has a lot of room (I am 6'2, 300), and fits the wife and dog just fine! I would like this little coupe to have some extra horses and a 6th gear, but it handles on rails. You CANNOT beat this car in the snow. I love zooming past the tahoe/jeep/escalade drivers in 10 inches of snow, and seeing the look on their faces! All in all a great car, as long as it holds up!!

Dream Car or Maintenance Nightmare?
By Parnelli on 06/15/06 13:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Driving my dream car is great but owning it is not. Good thing I bought the extended warranty because I needed all I could squeeze out of it. If my money is going to Europe, I want to go with it so I'm selling my TT. I'll miss driving it and parking in sports car row but not the too-frequent trips to the dealer and the bite on my finances. And I'll stop twitching when the gas warning tone goes off because I think something else has gone wrong. This was my second German car and I'll never buy another one. Get AAA road service; you'll need it. Audi understands nothing about customer satisfaction or support.

Great All Year Round!
By Chris on 03/25/06 15:39 PM (PST)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I've owned 3 Audis in the past 5 years and the TT is by far the best. It's been practically fault-free. Those who complain about the maintenance should know better; when you buy a German car, be prepared to pay a lot when something breaks! This car is more VW than Audi, so parts are somewhat reasonably priced. If not for the size, I'd definitely go for another TT!

Just add snow...
By TypeA on 08/15/05 16:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I traded in my BMW 740, so this was a huge change. This has been a great car overall. The 180 hp is much too slow, so I had to add a chip and the MTM performance package. Still too slow. I never appreciate my car more than when it snows, the TT Quattro is amazing in the snow and cold temperatures. You can't buy a German car and complain of the cost for repairs, it comes with the territory and although it's pricey you get what you pay for. Really wish I had gotten the 225hp!

Amazing Ride - When it's not in the shop
By aerobab on 04/01/05 14:22 PM (PST)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Wow...truley an impressive car! World-class styling (inside and out), great performance, a real head turner! I use this car for my every day vehicle and loathe the days when I can't drive it! It's a shame that I'll be getting rid of it soon, as I am unable to afford the monthly (sometimes bi-monthly) maintenance on it. Relatively simple repairs to unnecessary luxury features (i.e., headlight washers) should not cost $500!! I have only had repair work on these little nuisances...never anything major. The Certified Pre-Owned "warranty" offered by Audi is a load of garbage. The TT really is an awesome (initially affordable) toy to have...as long as you have deep pockets for repair!

The TT is peppy!
By Kristen on 03/29/05 23:50 PM (PST)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Driver seat is comfortable, interior circle theme is interesting and catches everyone's eye. This car has a reputation for being fast and upscale. Despite a 4 cylinder, this car quickly accelerates, the AWD feature must give it an extra jump. Smooth ride at high speeds. AWD does indeed help in the snow. The rumbling sound gives it a race car feel. Small enough to fit in the tiniest of parking spaces. Leather is first rate. BOSE sound system is awsome. Large trunk when seats are folded down. Red interior lights are cool. Downsides: 0 legroom in back, this car is made for 2 and a couple of dogs. Expensive oil changes.

i'd buy one again
By Mike_Hodgskin on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The Audi TT 225hp quattro is a dream car.

Fun to drive
By triumpher on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This vehicle is just fun to drive. It feels and is very fast and quick, and the quadro makes it feel like running on rails. We had a Corvette befor that , but this one is more fun.

Fun car
By Alonso on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Fun car to drive and have people looking at it all the time.

best awd on the market and fun to drive
By Eaglehwk02@aol.com on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

had this car a year now and its been flawless. Best car I have ever owned