Used 2000 Audi TT Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

YOUR WARNING HAS ARRIVED!!!
By justinharper07

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Super angry!! Had this car for 6 months and my car has 40,000 miles on it!! This car isn't a high mileage car. So where do I begin, lets start with the electrical, a bulb in the tail light went out and fried the whole lamp and some other electrical components- $1100. The radiator fans clutching system went out- $800. The cooling module went out- $900 (causing the turbo to malfunction). The suspension is going out- $????. At 40,000 miles I find this to be a little ridiculous!! In just 6 months! I think this is totally unacceptable!! Go look somewhere else!! I ignored the negative reviews because I thought this was what I wanted... Please don't make the same mistake as me!! Save yourself!!!

Looks great!

Obvious reliability issues, The craftsmanship is terrible, A little underpowered, Very, very, very small I am 16 and barely fit, The backseats are a joke, This car would be much more fun if it was RWD, Very, very uncomfortable, don't plan on spending more than 2 hours in the car, you & your body will be sorry you did

Love It, Can't leave it.
By 2 Owner

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

The Audi TT MK1 was designed to remind us of the Auto Union cars. It was a pure form with Bauhaus influence being key to its creation. I didn't originally agree with the design of the interior, but now I find it to be of such a quality that it puts most other automotive interiors to shame. The car is holding up well appearence wise. I maintain the car myself and find it's upkeep to be easy. I don't trust another mechanic working on my car. I've driven over eighty thousand milesa in my TT and it continues to run without any major events. Changed the timing belt at 66,000 miles. I've replaced the alternator once, the starter three times, the water pump once and other things. I still love it.

Aluminum inside the car. Any interior component that appears aluminum, is aluminum, billet and satin finished. Soft touch rubber on hand grabs. Bright white lighting on instrument cluster. Xenon lamps up front. laser welded joints. Aluminum hood. Retractable washer elements. Manual shifter.

Move engine to mid mounted. Make all TTs Quattro. Offer six speed trans again for sheer fun. Maintain turbo version. Move back styling to Bauhaus Auto Union influence. Less Like Da Silvas work. Too flamboyant.

TT -- a Great Car that has Issues
By Rick

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I had always wanted a TT. It's a beautiful, timeless, distinctive design. Have had many problems with this car so far. Replaced the clutch @ 44k and the water outlet (common problem), $2,500. Then we had window lift mechanism issues, ($1,000). The gas door switch broke ($125), headlight washer -- (the front bumper has to be removed $400). Problems with the back-up lights, etc. Have read other forums that the timing belt can break unexpectedly. Buy a used one if you know how to work on cars. Edmunds repair estimates need to be adjusted upwards. However, the TT handles great and gets good MPG -- important in LA. Presents itself well anywhere. Easy to get in and out of.

Very supportive seats. Good quality leather. Great styling. Wonderful interior space, good driver's position. Plenty of headroom. Decent handling, adequate power and frugal fuel economy. Hatch unusually roomy. Beautiful instrumentation and night lighting. Great AC system, decent stereo, etc.

Cheap plastic pieces. Blind spots. Needs better build quality. Transmission needs improvement. Seats need power adjust. Headlight assembly expensive. Back seat unuseable. Expensive maintenence on minor items. Need better reliability.

Worth it to buy but not for racing
By Jim

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Very nice car, interior and exterior. RARE car so gets good attention. 180 hp is not that strong but you're driving for style not for racing.

Bose, interior/exterior especially exterior.

Better hp. Hardtop convo would make a big difference.

Audi TT
By audi tt

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is a hot car... it turns heads everywhere I go. Also, on the functional side it is very reliable, no problems at all with it.

The looks and the quality of the materials... everything is very solid.

I wouldn't mind a few more HPs.

• SUV