2000 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
YOUR WARNING HAS ARRIVED!!!
By justinharper07 on 02/19/14 16:21 PM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Super angry!! Had this car for 6 months and my car has 40,000 miles on it!! This car isn't a high mileage car. So where do I begin, lets start with the electrical, a bulb in the tail light went out and fried the whole lamp and some other electrical components- $1100. The radiator fans clutching system went out- $800. The cooling module went out- $900 (causing the turbo to malfunction). The suspension is going out- $????. At 40,000 miles I find this to be a little ridiculous!! In just 6 months! I think this is totally unacceptable!! Go look somewhere else!! I ignored the negative reviews because I thought this was what I wanted... Please don't make the same mistake as me!! Save yourself!!!

Love It, Can't leave it.
By 2 Owner on 12/12/08 09:20 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

The Audi TT MK1 was designed to remind us of the Auto Union cars. It was a pure form with Bauhaus influence being key to its creation. I didn't originally agree with the design of the interior, but now I find it to be of such a quality that it puts most other automotive interiors to shame. The car is holding up well appearence wise. I maintain the car myself and find it's upkeep to be easy. I don't trust another mechanic working on my car. I've driven over eighty thousand milesa in my TT and it continues to run without any major events. Changed the timing belt at 66,000 miles. I've replaced the alternator once, the starter three times, the water pump once and other things. I still love it.

TT -- a Great Car that has Issues
By Rick on 10/06/07 22:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I had always wanted a TT. It's a beautiful, timeless, distinctive design. Have had many problems with this car so far. Replaced the clutch @ 44k and the water outlet (common problem), $2,500. Then we had window lift mechanism issues, ($1,000). The gas door switch broke ($125), headlight washer -- (the front bumper has to be removed $400). Problems with the back-up lights, etc. Have read other forums that the timing belt can break unexpectedly. Buy a used one if you know how to work on cars. Edmunds repair estimates need to be adjusted upwards. However, the TT handles great and gets good MPG -- important in LA. Presents itself well anywhere. Easy to get in and out of.

Worth it to buy but not for racing
By Jim on 04/25/07 20:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Very nice car, interior and exterior. RARE car so gets good attention. 180 hp is not that strong but you're driving for style not for racing.

Audi TT
By audi tt on 01/28/07 16:05 PM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is a hot car... it turns heads everywhere I go. Also, on the functional side it is very reliable, no problems at all with it.

Best Bang for the Buck!
By Fun Hatch on 01/18/07 08:08 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I loved the design aspect of the TT. I've been through a few frustrating repairs, but overall I have greatly enjoyed this car and will be purchasing a new TT when the next generation makes it to showrooms. I would easily recommend the TT to anyone, with a side note of expensive repair bills, but it's German... all German cars are expensive to repair.

Fun car
By Alonso on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Fun car to drive and have people looking at it all the time.

German Reliability?
By aceTT on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Just traded my TT in...a sad day, because it is one of the most attractive production cars I've seen. Too bad it spent so much time in the shop as it was certainly fun to drive. Good looks and performance though are only part of the equation. Nowadays, you expect a $30k to be designed and be well built. Maybe it was just my model but Consumers Report gives it the "thumbs down" for reliability as well. It was also a happy day, as my payments to the service department at Audi will cease.

nice, but needs fixin'
By whippit on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

i bought this car as a certified pre- owned which included the extended warranty. good thing. the car has required regular car and attention and many parts have been replaced similar to the experience of other reviewers-- suspension, problems with alignment, etc. i have the same problem with the wheels and i am not convinced the wheels are ever balanced and aligned. the car is fun to drive, performs well on the road and is terrific for passing and moving up in the pack at high speed. shifting is tight and the clutch seems a bit "delicate" so shifting smoothly is not always easily.

Audi TT - still the best
By jaz50y on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

As one of the earliest TT's, had some recalls and small failures, like window motors and cd changer, but all repairs have resulted in no follow-up problems. Still the best looking car on the road, still smells new inside, still a pleasure all the way around.