Used 2000 Audi TT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Audi TT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

total quatro fun
By gary m bouvier

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I have owned my tt for 15 years now and have just had my first bad experience with it. the repair shop charged me 400 bucks to replace an o2 sensor and it still ran like crap...they wanted another 700 to fix the problem...well...first of all this has been the best car ive ever owned, I normally do all my own work and have made some major upgrades such as brembo brakes and rotors, heavy duty torsion bars, larger turbo/ exhaust/ racing ignition..from audi..larger tires and rims but these were made when they needed replacement, except the turbo which I still have. I have driven this car from main to calif to florida to washington. fully loaded with my wife as copilot and were extremely comfortable. Even with the extra hp..about 300..I still get 34 mpg highway and have had fun with a few dodge challengers with their hemis. I'm due for some shocks and a timing belt and hoping I find a reasonable shop to do that. my only [non-permissible content removed] is with audi, the dash acted up almost as soon as I bought it and they replaced it, then about a year later it happened again and I had to pay the second time. well it screwed up again but I have never gotten it fixed, the temp gauge never says its warm and the gas gauge light comes on at 1/2 tank saying its empty. in 2001 they changed the analog part of the dash and from then on their hasn't been a problem. but audi never admitted their was a problem until 2010 and then you had to be the original owner of the vehicle to have it replaced, well I was exempt because I already had mine replaced..another scam. so I live with it and its really not that big a deal. the car has been used for everything from hauling construction material, groceries, cement, windows and doors, 2x4s. camping gear, moving. and my work car everyday. I love it and wish audi would make a motorcycle.

YOUR WARNING HAS ARRIVED!!!
By justinharper07

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

Super angry!! Had this car for 6 months and my car has 40,000 miles on it!! This car isn't a high mileage car. So where do I begin, lets start with the electrical, a bulb in the tail light went out and fried the whole lamp and some other electrical components- $1100. The radiator fans clutching system went out- $800. The cooling module went out- $900 (causing the turbo to malfunction). The suspension is going out- $????. At 40,000 miles I find this to be a little ridiculous!! In just 6 months! I think this is totally unacceptable!! Go look somewhere else!! I ignored the negative reviews because I thought this was what I wanted... Please don't make the same mistake as me!! Save yourself!!!

Looks great!

Obvious reliability issues, The craftsmanship is terrible, A little underpowered, Very, very, very small I am 16 and barely fit, The backseats are a joke, This car would be much more fun if it was RWD, Very, very uncomfortable, don't plan on spending more than 2 hours in the car, you & your body will be sorry you did

Love It, Can't leave it.
By 2 Owner

2000 Audi TT Turbo 2dr Coupe

The Audi TT MK1 was designed to remind us of the Auto Union cars. It was a pure form with Bauhaus influence being key to its creation. I didn't originally agree with the design of the interior, but now I find it to be of such a quality that it puts most other automotive interiors to shame. The car is holding up well appearence wise. I maintain the car myself and find it's upkeep to be easy. I don't trust another mechanic working on my car. I've driven over eighty thousand milesa in my TT and it continues to run without any major events. Changed the timing belt at 66,000 miles. I've replaced the alternator once, the starter three times, the water pump once and other things. I still love it.

Aluminum inside the car. Any interior component that appears aluminum, is aluminum, billet and satin finished. Soft touch rubber on hand grabs. Bright white lighting on instrument cluster. Xenon lamps up front. laser welded joints. Aluminum hood. Retractable washer elements. Manual shifter.

Move engine to mid mounted. Make all TTs Quattro. Offer six speed trans again for sheer fun. Maintain turbo version. Move back styling to Bauhaus Auto Union influence. Less Like Da Silvas work. Too flamboyant.

Sports car station wagon
By Rich

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This car continues to be fun to drive, even after eight years of ownership, the longest I have ever owned one vehicle. What I love most is that for me, it is the perfect compromise between sports car performance and practicality. I have driven it at Sears Point, the most fun I have ever had in two days. I would highly recommend attending track events with your Audi, it was a total blast. On the practical side, I love the outdoors and can stuff camping gear, and a foldable 14 foot kayak in the back (with the seats folded down) and still have sports car performance on the way. There isn't another coupe with this versatility on the market.

Styling, fold down rear seats, handling, solid feel, oh yes, and accelerating from a standing stop in the rain with a BMW in the next lane.

Forward vision, especially at stoplights. I often have to crane my neck to see the light if I am too close to an overhead light. It would be nice to have just a bit more room in the back seat so an occasional passenger could maybe ride sideways with their head upright.

This is whats up
By Alistair314

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Had this car for 10 months, bought it with 69,000 miles on it. Considering I bought it for 15,000 it was absolutely amazing. Very fun to drive, quite good in the curves except for the mild understeer, and considering the size of the engine (1.8l) very fast. This car also handles remarkably well in snow. Zipping past Wranglers and Tacomas in 10 inches of snow is always fun.

Interior, stylish looks, lots of positive comments, the feeling of blasting past a Volvo thats blocking traffic.

Adjustable center differential would be really fun in this car. But apart from that it's awesome.