Used 2013 Audi TT RS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi Tt-rs - Consumer Reviews

2013 Audi TT RS

quattro 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

Worked fine until I took it in for its 5000 mile servcing.
By pmetzger

2013 Audi TT RS quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Power, road handling and comfort all 5 stars ! For dependability, 1 star. Dealer Visit 1 - 5000 mile servicing. Received it back with an issue that wasn't there before. A lack of acceleration in the lower RPM range. Dealer Visit 2 - Shop foreman read from the on-board computer so that the information may be sent off to a specialists. Now the auto has a new issue. "DO NO EXCEED 4k RPM" while traveling 10-25 mph while releasing the clutch with no accelerator ~2k RPM. Dealer Visit 3 - High Pressure fuel pump was replaced, the car is ready for pick up. The same "DO NOT EXCEED 4K RPM" occurred twice that same day. Dealer visit 4 - Handed over video of the issue + my car

Favorite Features

Power, handling, comfort, and exhaust note.

Suggested Improvements

Training their Audi Authorized dealers to work on this car. I'm currently shopping for another car that hopefully won't be so difficult for the dealer to service, and or cause new issues, on top of new issues. Car was working fine until I took it in for the initial 5000 mile servicing. Such a pity. It's a really nice car. I would have taken it to another dealer, but Audi Customer Care has instructed me to keep taking it back to the same dealer. I've even e-mailed the CEO of Audi in Deutschland a couple times over this. Cancelled all my vacation road trip traveling plans/reservations and the high performance driving class. What a Vacation! Think I'll need to a vacation from Audi soon ;(

1 in a 1000
By williamf3

2013 Audi TT RS quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I pulled the trigger a few weeks ago and purchased a new blue 2013 TTRS (only 1000 built in 2012/13). Having owned a G35 and BMW 335i, the TTRS is by far the best "sports" car of the three. They are not even close to the same class. Every performance characteristic is better with the TTRS. A closer comparison would be a 911, but there is a bit more luxury feel to the TTRS. The 911 handles a bit better, but you give up ride comfort. Don't get me wrong though, the handling is world class. Corvettes come even close to the handling. For all you guys who think you cannot fit a car seat in the back, you are wrong! My 7 year old and 3 year old ride in the back when I take them to school.

Favorite Features

AWD & Turbo & Power & Build Quality & Unique Design Looking for something between a Boxster and a 911, this is the only car that fits the bill. It is much more like a Boxster in price and much more like a 911 in performance.

Suggested Improvements

There are only a couple of very minor complaints. 1. The iPod/iPhone integration is minimal. The infotainment system will allow you to scroll through songs, but it does it in a decidedly non-user friendly way. 2. There should be memory settings for the seats 3. The steering wheel control could use a little refinement. That is it! Of the many many data points that one might normally mark off on, that is all I could come up with. For a truly unique sports car experience that rivals that of a 911, this is the only car that I know of that can do it for about 60K.