Used 2012 Audi TT RS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Audi TT RS Coupe - Consumer Reviews

quattro 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

An outstanding sports car
By smerdyakov

2012 Audi TT RS Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My local Audi dealer recently took in a 2102 TT RS, a car that I had been interested in for some time, but had never seen. After driving it I was very impressed, and traded my 2011 Corvette Grand Sport for the RS immediately. The RS has acceleration equal to the Corvette's up to about 80 mph, is far more maneuverable, and much more exciting to drive. It probably would not be at its best on long road trips however, since the ride is somewhat stiff and the exhaust noise can be bothersome. I have also owned a Porsche Cayman S in the recent past, and the Audi is superior to that car in nearly every respect. Any prospective Cayman buyer should give the Audi serious consideration.

Reverse lockout on the shifter, very powerful engine, beautiful interior design, excellent seats

Make the standard suspension setting a little less stiff.

This car blew me away!
By koa1

2012 Audi TT RS Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I walked into an Audi dealership to test drive the S5 and the dealership was the only one in San Diego to have a TT RS in stock. I test drove it and was absolutely blown away! The clutch and transmission are PERFECT. The clutch is perfectly weighted, releases at the top of the movement, and the 6-speed transmission was snickety with the perfect size shift lever. The engine was insanely quick and the car felt lighter than the M3 and C63 because it is. The interior was much nicer than the BMW M3 and Mercedes C63 AMG. But once I experienced the performance the interior was an afterthought. I ordered the TT RS the same day after test driving other cars for 2 years. It is that good!

Engine Clutch/transmission Exhaust note

Dashboard could be slightly higher quality material but it's still better than the competitors.