2016 Audi SQ5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific SQ5 model:

SQ5 Dream machine
By Roy Hilton

2016 Audi SQ5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

First of all Edmunds price promise was great.All dealers gave different discounts so we just picked the best one that had the SQ5 with all the options we wanted. Only had the car 2 weeks but just completed a trip to Canada and it is just a pleasure to drive. I've had other sports cars before and we just traded a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the Audi. No Comparison. Besides the original price the Audi is in another league. Hopefully I'll be saying the same in a few years.

2106 Audi SQ5
By Steve Mance

Love this car so far.

Debadged sleeper
By Quattro

2016 Audi SQ5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Can be driven quiet, smooth and refined or turn up the performance and still keep the smooth and refined ride but with an amazing soundtrack. So much more fun than a Macan, save the $$, express some individuality and retain some credibility.
It's the thinkers' choice.

Super sporty for a truck
By German Affactianado

2016 Audi SQ5 SUV 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Legacy of many sports cars here with a small collection, but first sport SUV. Traded a 2013 335i sport line which was an amazing car. Acceleration is less in SQ5 than the Bimmer, but everything else is extremely comparable. Handling tightly the curvy NC mountain roads, crushing light to light performance on the straight roads of Florida, limo like feel for the date nights with my wife, and of course Quattro safety. Cannot say enough great things. My wife is a hard sell on my sports car addiction, but this car is now her daily driver passing by our corvettes, BMW M4, and others including a Hummer that she calls "too slow" (and it is). Accolades to Audi. We keep coming back, and have had A6 4.2, S4 Cabrio, but this is our best Audi yet.

What a sleeper of a CUV! This vehicle scoots!
By Jim

I love my SQ5!

I really thought I wanted the Porsche Macan S, which similarly configured would have cost me about $2 grand more. It had a better interior, certainly more head turning appeal and better steering. The practical side of me thought the Audi will net fewer tickets if for no other reason than the police wouldn’t get as big of a thrill writing a ticket on an Audi. Besides, this is my daily driver and bottom line was the best “practical” choice of the two.

Now the pros/cons: The good – Wow! What a fun driving experience! It sits up high and accelerates like an S4/S6, even besting the hp output. I can’t say enough about how much fun this vehicle is to drive! It stops quickly and has a solid feeling stance as it hugs the road. The WiFi and Google maps round out a very nice technology package (I will always want Google Maps from here on in every vehicle).

So the bad: no USB ports (really!?!) and a small 7.5” screen in a car today seems tiny. Rounding out my dislikes is storage space is not great and the steering, although tight is not what I would expect from a German-made premium vehicle.

The overall sporty drive, understated classy looks, ride comfort and technology make this one of my favorite cars to own. I look for reasons to run out for something just to drive it!

Lastly, golf clubs will fit fore to aft if you slide the rear seats forward a couple inches.