Refined experience for refined tastes
By I recommend it on
2007 Audi S8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (5.2L 10cyl 6A)
I traded my 997 to to get what I perceived to be a peaceful luxury car that delivers a violent, soulful motor on command. I couldn't be happier. No more annoying tire noise competing with the sometimes flatuent, contrived exhaust note. Instead I get full luxury (including double-paned windows and felt lined wheel-wells to ensure tranquility) punctuated by refined violence upon driver demand. I also get an ipod interface and bluetooth. When I miss my 997 I can always take out my 87 911 for a visceral run. And when I really require a jolt my F355 delivers without fail. The S8 is always the car I reach for first... that says a lot.
Favorite Features
The motor. Period. The calm interior is also worthy of mention (unless you dip a wee bit too much into the throttle and bathe yourself in the thick Italian growl burbling from the V-10 Lambo motor). Haven't grown tired of the engine (not exhaust!) note after 12k miles.
Suggested Improvements
The steering could be more communicative/responsive. Not a big deal though. The throttle is also a bit touchy as many journalists have said. But you quickly adapt. Again, no big deal unless you have driven it for only an hour or so. Then it seems odd...until you get used to it.